1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Way to Install & Setup New MicroSD Card

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by m4p, Dec 25, 2012.

1. m4p

m4p Newbie

I recently got an LG Optimus Slider which I have rooted, installed the Mobster ROM and Ginger kernel, and also have Titanium Backup Pro.

My phone came with 2gb microSD card. I just received a Sandisk 32gb card that I want to replace it with. Essentially, what I want to do is install Link2SD, and use the SD card for my apps, by partiioning the sd card through the Recovery console, and partitioning Ext3 for my apps.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get this all started. I am going to copy my old SD card to my PC, then install new one on phone, partition it through Recovery, then copy the contents of my old SD card back to phone. Problem though is should I first move apps I have stored on my old card to my phone first?

Also, can I use Titanium Backup Pro for any of this? I'm new to Android and to smartphones, and just want to get it right.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Is your current 2GB card partitioned now?

m4p likes this.
  3. m4p

m4p Newbie

Hey Mikestony, thanks for the reply. I don't know if that card was partitioned or not, it was the card that came with the phone. I did end up copying the contents of it to my PC, and then copying it back to my new 32gb card. I used Recovery to partition the ext3 for apps, and then installed Link2SD. Everything for the most part worked out fine. Just had to use Link2SD to re-link a couple apps and they seem to be working fine now.

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Good to hear everything ended up working out. :)

If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to post them!