• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best way to migrate to a new Android Phone - Google 2-Step Verification

darkufo

Apr 10, 2011
Hello.

I'm getting a new Android phone in a couple of months to replace my Nexus One.

What is the best way to transfer to the new phone.

Some things to note.

1) I use 2-Step Verification on my Google Account
2) I have Google Authenticator Installed

How do I move to the new phone without messing up my access to my Google Account etc. Should I disable 2-Step prior to migrating and then turn in back on again when I have my new phone setup

NOTE: My Sim will be the same, I'll simply take it out of the Nexus One and put it into my new phone.

Please can you help me list the steps in the correct order to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Yeah, you'll have to download the app again.

It's been a while since I've done it so this is from memory. When you re enable, it will remember the information you stored last time, I think there's an option to start afresh (you'll need to scan the QR Code etc again so you'll need the app and a barcode scanner isntalled) to configure your new handset with the account. It's a bit of a pain, but hopefully you'll only need to do it once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones