• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best way to notify Developer?

RhinoCan

Jul 5, 2015
I'm trying to build some precautions into my app, which is concerned with showing the user all the sales they have made. My user base for this app is going to be three people, me and two co-workers so this is NOT going to be widely-distributed!!

I can picture at least a couple of situations where my users may want to notify me more or less immediately about a problem so I'd like to build that functionality into my app. My fundamental question for the moment is how those users can notify me of the problem. All of the following come to mind:
  • have the app send me a text with a specific message that has been pre-written to minimize the user having to try to explain what happened
  • have the app send me a notification with a specific pre-written message
  • have the app send me a specific pre-written email
  • have the app phone me and then the user can tell me in their words what the issue is and I can do what needs to be done to deal with the problem
Or is there a better approach than any of these?

We have normal sane working hours - 9-5 Monday to Friday - so I'm not terribly worried about anyone waking me up in the middle of the night with a call or text.

What would YOU do if you wanted to give professional quality support in a comparable situation?

Depends what the problem is. But usually when someone has a problem, they want fairly quick response/resolution. So in that case you really want to talk to someone who can help.
Email/text is usually for issues which just need to be reported, or don't need immediate response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones