• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best way to print from anywhere

I am looking for a way that either on my HTC EVO or on my new GTablet to be able to when "onsite" print to a customers local printer. In many cases their PC's are locked down and so they would have no way of installing APPS to it and such but I would get wireless access to the network possibly.

I have seen this before https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare.premium&feature=search_result

As well as the Google cloud printing but not really sure what to try and use to have it be the most effective for printing out documents while onsite at a customers location. Now a lot of people are starting to get WiFi printers / Bluetooth printers so this was also something that crossed my mind.

Just looking for any ideas of things people have tried before I go and spend $9.99 on some software.

If they have printers on a network, you'd need the printer's drivers and the printers IP address for printing. It's pretty easy in a small office setup, but larger company networks might now allow it.

Is it possible to simply create a microUSB-parallel port cable for printers that don't accept physical drives/media? Then you'd only need a way to load/keep the printer drivers on your phone. Not sure how print drivers work on Android or other mobile OS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones