• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best way to protect my Note 8 at the beach.

GeoGoGo

Mar 15, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Going on vacation to Cape Cod and I thought about my phone. I am concerned about it at the beach. Not for the fear of it getting wet but for the thought of it getting covered with sand and scratches.

I am looking for some ideas, thoughts, or suggestions for keeping my phone safe at the beach. Thank you all in advance and have a great day!

Respectfully

George D.

Bring along one of those insulated pouches that hold a few cans of soda, or whatever ;-) Instead using it to store drinks, use it for your phone, and maybe an external battery and some Bluetooth speakers. Yeah, sand getting inside your phone would be nasty mess to clean out but you'll want avoid leaving it exposed for too long in that (hopefully) glaring sun. You don't want to cook your phone either.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
How much is the mother bord I went to sea world and like someone said above I got soaked by the dolphins and sent my phone to Samsung and it's not repairable and the warranty doesn't cover salt water damage so now I have a paper weight

It's probably not just the main-board, I suspect most other components would have been damaged and corroded by the salt water. Yup, it's now a paperweight.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Thanks for the hope

I never like to raise false hopes, and I'm always frank.

Thing with water damage, especially salt water, and even if it was only the main-board, Samsung and most other competent repairers won't take them on, because they can't be sure that something else wont soon fail because of corrosion, e.g. the screen and digitizer.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I never like to raise false hopes, and I'm always frank.

Thing with water damage, especially salt water, and even if it was only the main-board, Samsung and most other competent repairers won't take them on, because they can't be sure that something else wont soon fail because of corrosion, e.g. the screen and digitizer.
Thanks for the heads up guess I'm going to have to get another one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones