1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best way to set ringer to silent or vibrate?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by inm8num2, Aug 30, 2011.

1. inm8num2

inm8num2 Newbie

Searched and didn't find anything.

Is there a one-click way to set the phone to vibrate? For example, on older phones you could just hold down the * key. I ask because typically you have to press the volume down button a few times to reach vibrate or silent mode.

It's not a terrible nuisance, but it would be nice to have a feature with which you can go seamlessly between the loud ringer and vibrate or silent.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. el viejo

el viejo Member

There is a Profile widget available under the Settings widgets group. This toggles between ringer on / silence / vibrate.

inm8num2 likes this.
  3. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Check out ringleader in the market ... Allows different tones for different apps using profiles ... Has a widget too

4. inm8num2

inm8num2 Newbie

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. Checked these widgets before but must have missed it.

5. Masamune

Masamune Member

To add to the previous tips, if you use widgetlocker you can make the ringer type one of the slide functions. I use it for school and its really helpful to just hit the power button and swipe my finger once to set my phone to vibrate

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews