1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best way to sync docs between computer and phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RussWWFC, Sep 6, 2011.

1. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

I am looking for a way to Sync docs between my phone and my Macbook. Or at the bare minimum, be able to view them on my Android phone. Over the air preferred, but would be OK with cable sync. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Have you considered google docs?

I don't know if it's the best way, but it's certainly a convenient way of doing it. The android app worked pretty well when I tried it, although I didn't really use the editing features.

3. RussWWFC

I have considered that and will take a look into it, just wondered what alternatives there are

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dropbox is another option. That way you basically have free choice of whichever android document app you want.

Apparently the dropbox app it's self can open documents, although they don't specify which formats and I believe it's read only.

5. joshfishkins

joshfishkins Newbie

Dropbox is what I use. It's great.

6. RussWWFC

Yes, after looking at all the options, DropBox looks the way to go.

A couple of things I'd like to do

1) I hope it works with open office extensions

2) It would be nice to save files for offline viewing

7. joshfishkins

joshfishkins Newbie

I think I'm right in saying that Dropbox stores the files on the cloud, then you download the ones you want to edit/view. I did this on a trip to Bulgaria recently - downloaded a large Word file over my wifi at home, edited it whilst away and it synced on wifi when I returned. If you have an app that open Open Office documents then you should be fine.

8. big_mike

big_mike Android Enthusiast

i use google docs why not use a google product when you have a google/andriod os?

Spaceprobe likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews