1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Best way to sync from Outlook to an Android phone? Converting from Palm.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kelemvor, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Howdy all,

Here's my current setup which I'm assuming I may have to modify.
    Current Phone: Palm Centro

I have an external email account and a Gmail account. My Gmail account is setup to check my other account via Gmail's POP3 system. I then use MS Outlook to check my Gmail account.

All my data is in Outlook. Calendar, Contacts, and emails.

I'm getting a new Android phone and need to get the same contacts and such onto there.

Technically, the same emails that are in Outlook are in Gmail so that's not a problem.
    I also use Google's Calendar sync program so my outlook calendar is also in Gmail so I assume that wouldn't be a problem either.

This leaves me with my contacts.
    Is there a preferred program that will sync my outlook contacts to Gmail like I do with my calendar? Or is there some other way that people have used that works just as well? I will continue to use Outlook as my primary contact/calendar management program but just want everything to sync across to the phone.

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    A few options listed here:
    Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync

And if you search there's quite a bit of discussion on all the Android forum sites. From skimming, I have yet to see an overall "best" which would be tricky to name anyway since different people have different needs/wants even on this particular matter.