• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best way to sync music

Uri Stamonov

Oct 31, 2010
Hi all

I'm yet to get an HD but am 99% convinced....just doing a little research into things that might be deal-breakers.

With regard to getting music and video onto the device, what's the best/easiest/recommended way?

Does it come with some sort of media sync app?

I personally use an ipod at the moment, synced to my music player in Ubuntu. This is one of the main reasons that I don't want an iphone - being tied to windows as a pc user.

Is it just a case of drag-and-drop, or can playlists be created and synced?

Also, does it support podcast subscription, management and download in the same way that itunes does, for example?

Questions, questions!

Uri

I love being able to get content onto the phone without cables

for audio podcasts - Google listen is pretty good

if you want video and audio podcasts, doggcatcher is worth the few shekels - excellent app

re: music sync - winamp have a pretty solid music player with a "wifi sync" ability.
It's in beta at the moment and it's a bit hit and miss right now but definitely one to watch watch

and as @spenceruk mentioned above Media monkey is an outstanding music library management system allowing very complex syncs over multiple devices

Upvote 0
I love being able to get content onto the phone without cables

for audio podcasts - Google listen is pretty good

if you want video and audio podcasts, doggcatcher is worth the few shekels - excellent app

re: music sync - winamp have a pretty solid music player with a "wifi sync" ability.
It's in beta at the moment and it's a bit hit and miss right now but definitely one to watch watch

and as @spenceruk mentioned above Media monkey is an outstanding music library management system allowing very complex syncs over multiple devices

Just got Doggcatcher..very impressive indeed!.

Newsrob also does a good job too with RSS podcasting, etc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones