• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best way to upload photos???

So just purchased the incredible, coming from a BB Storm. I'm blown away by the picture quality but I still don't understand the best way to save/manage photo's on an online site. I know there's Picassa, Flikr, and Photobucket.

Has anyone tried multiple sites and determined the best tool to save pictures. My goal is to be able to easily upload them from my phone (without having to connect to PC) and share the albums online. I've done a little research and it looks like the Photobucket app might be the way to go. Anyone have any additional insight?

Can't wait to get the phone. Damn the pic quality is nice.

I use picasa and sync with the gallery app mentioned in this thread. Works great, just set camera to save to sd card. The gallery app then can see the pic's I take. Menu option in gallery has "share" which has options for picasa, flickr, facebook, gmail, etc.

When I select picasa it knows my gmail acct, so no login required. Just select which of my picasa albums to use and click.

Upvote 0
i have a quick question about putting photos on your phone that were not taken with the phone's camera.

if a photo was not taken with the phone's camera and was downloaded or emailed to the phone, when viewing those photos will they always be letterboxed? (black lines on the top or sides of the photo)

It seems to me that the only time I can get a photo to fill the entire screen (w/out zooming) is when I take the photo with the phone's camera.

Even if I send the full 3mb photo via email, it is still letterboxed when vieiwing it.

Granted, I have never connected the phone to my computer and transferred pics that way since my charger was stolen from my bag while flying. Maybe that fixes the letterbox problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones