• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best web browser?

I'm probably the only one that does this, but I use a combination of 3 different ones on almost a daily basis. pros and cons baby

opera is my main browser as of yesterday. its so fluid and quick in the way it loads and displays webpages its insane. it actually makes my system as a whole run better. when I'm typing on websites like this on the stock key board with any other browser , its nothing but laggy 2 word per minute typing. but this? as fast as I can type. I can do a solid 60 wpm on this sucker. and the quick loading of webpages? bonus

con: no pinch to zoom and it doesn't load everything perfect. sometimes it'll screw up javascript like on best buy's home page. but besides that, its smooth on an iPhone level

skyfire: I use this exclusively for flash and viewing desktop versions of websites. it loads everything super slow, but when I need the desktop version of a site like say, new York times, and there's no link at the bottom for the full site, I use this baby

con: super slow and ugly to look at

and stock: when I need to use javascript or drop down boxes on a website.

Upvote 0
I'm probably the only one that does this, but I use a combination of 3 different ones on almost a daily basis. pros and cons baby

opera is my main browser as of yesterday. its so fluid and quick in the way it loads and displays webpages its insane. it actually makes my system as a whole run better. when I'm typing on websites like this on the stock key board with any other browser , its nothing but laggy 2 word per minute typing. but this? as fast as I can type. I can do a solid 60 wpm on this sucker. and the quick loading of webpages? bonus

con: no pinch to zoom and it doesn't load everything perfect. sometimes it'll screw up javascript like on best buy's home page. but besides that, its smooth on an iPhone level

skyfire: I use this exclusively for flash and viewing desktop versions of websites. it loads everything super slow, but when I need the desktop version of a site like say, new York times, and there's no link at the bottom for the full site, I use this baby

con: super slow and ugly to look at

and stock: when I need to use javascript or drop down boxes on a website.

I kind of d the same thing, but with only 2: the stock browser and Opera. Opera for the speed and the stock browser for its functionality.

Upvote 0
The stock browser is my favorite, and I've tried them all. Some browsers don't sync with the native android bookmarks (so the HTC bookmarks widget won't work with it), some browsers render pages wrong (Opera), and most browsers don't offer any substantial benefit over the stock browser and actually just introduce space hogging interfaces with features that your average person will never use. The new 2.1 stock browser is truly great. Multitouch, zooms in automatically when you click on an edit box, super fast, clean interface, etc. The 3rd party browser I'm really intested in is Firefox (Fennec), but until then I just can't find one I like better than the stock browser.

Upvote 0
I went through phases. On 1.5 I used Dolphin and then switched to Skyfire when it came out (could actually watch Youtube). I've heard countless people say how great XScope is, so I just downloaded it to try it out. Only used it for a few minutes, but I'm floored how good it is. Can't see myself using any other browser now.

Upvote 0
The stock browser is my favorite, and I've tried them all. Some browsers don't sync with the native android bookmarks (so the HTC bookmarks widget won't work with it), some browsers render pages wrong (Opera), and most browsers don't offer any substantial benefit over the stock browser and actually just introduce space hogging interfaces with features that your average person will never use. The new 2.1 stock browser is truly great. Multitouch, zooms in automatically when you click on an edit box, super fast, clean interface, etc. The 3rd party browser I'm really intested in is Firefox (Fennec), but until then I just can't find one I like better than the stock browser.

Agreed!! Stock browser for me! 2.1 browser is great!!

Upvote 0
I still can't believe there isn't a Chrome browser. I use Chrome as my default on the computer because it is ridiculously fast to the point that Firefox seems like dial up. You would think a Chrome mobile would be a default on Android.

I agree, Google should get their ass moving and develop a mobile version of chrome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones