1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best wireless charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YY1334, Oct 30, 2014.

1. YY1334

YY1334 Newbie

Just picked up my droid turbo today. Saw a bunch of wireless charging options at verizon store and amazon. Wondering if anyone had experience with any, and had one they'd recommend? Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bearcats

Bearcats Android Enthusiast

I have the Nokia DT910 for my current Driod DNA. Not the speediest way to charge but I don't think its supposed to be.

My only concern, which caused my discontinuing use, is that the battery gets real warm. Since my DNA is a fixed body and non-replaceable battery I stopped as heat on a battery isn't really that good.

Other than that it is a prop stand and was awesome to use.

YY1334 likes this.
  3. speede541

speede541 Android Enthusiast

Can't go wrong with the Tylt Vu. Been flawless with my Maxx, and I expect the same excellence with the Turbo.

SNeitzel, Montana Man and YY1334 like this.
  4. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

Got the tylt vu with my DT today...will report back on how it works.

5. I;ve used the Tylt Vu for almost a year on my Droid Maxx. It is great setting on on the table under my workstation.

The Maxx does get warm if a full charge is needed. I wonder if it is the coil that is mounted between the battery and the Maxx back and not the Maxx battery itself.

It was $100 at Staples. I got it with a $25 off certificate and 50% discount directly from Tylt last Christmas. I paid $25. At $100 it was absurd.

... Thom

Skipdawg likes this.
  6. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I have a Tylt V

7. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

I don't know if you can find them anywhere, but I picked up a Nokia charger from AT&T when they where blowing them out for $5. Does a good job. I have 1 at home and 1 at work. I don't use it much at home because I just plug it in at night. But at work its really nice if I'm running low to just set it on the pad so I can grab it quickly when I get called into meetings and such.

8. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Any idea how long it would take to fully charge a turbo over a wireless charger? I picked up over of the Nokia wireless pads.

9. Someone asked about time to fully charge with wireless charger ... I just measured it ...

Tylt Vu
    Droid Turbo
    0% to 100%
    4hr 9min

... Thom

10. iploya

iploya Android Enthusiast

I picked up whatever wireless charger Verizon was selling for the Turbo for $59. I didn't pay that close attention; it looked like (I just assumed) it was made for that model. Basically an L-shaped stand, black with red. It works great.

I also had another wireless charger laying around that i had gotten from eBay. I tried it but it doesn't seem to work.

11. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Did you notice poorer battery performance after you fully charged it with the wireless charger?

12. No.

... Thom

13. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Android Enthusiast

My Energizer wireless charger you have to get the spot just right. I may get something newer next week. Had this for 2 years.

14. Skipdawg

Just ordered 2 of the Tylt Vu chargers. One for home and the other for the office. Thanks for the heads up on that baby. ;)

15. elmanc

elmanc Lurker

16. Chasvs

Chasvs Newbie

All wireless charges make the batteries get warm. Just like the plug in chargers do. Isn't going to "hurt" the battery or phone one bit.
    Have been using the Nokia DT910 for over a year with my Lumia Icon. Now I use it with my Droid Turbo. Works just fine!

17. Skipdawg

18. Skipdawg

19. That's a shame. Works perfectly on my phone.

20. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Do you, who are using wireless chargers, have your phones in cases when charging? I use the Verizon Shell/Holster case, and wonder if I have to take the case off to charge each time?

21. I have the "piece of crap keedox" wireless charger and I charge my phone with case on with no problems every night.

22. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Make sure the power supply you are using has an output of at least 1 amp. If you are using a PC USB port (500 mA) or a Samsung charger (.7 Amp) it won't work well, if at all.

23. I got my Tyltt Vu last year with a 50% discount from Tylt and a $25 certificate. It was $25 total. I use it all the time.

Now ... until Monday ... directly from Tylt at ... http://www.tylt.com/ ... 50% discount on order if you provide code "CYBER2014" at checkout. That seems to be about $35 for the Tylt Vu.

The Tylt Vu is a 1 amp charger BTW.

I found out about the deal last year from a posting here in Android Forums.

... Thom

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews