• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BestBuy gives a $107 gift card for a used palm pre...

Okay so I just finally went through to checkout.

I have to mail them the phone? I can't just bring it in with me to BestBuy?

Well that sucks. What am I gonna do with $72 in credit when I can only ship the phone AFTER I get my EVO? I was hoping to put this money towards the EVO.

you can print that form out and bring it in.

both options for "store" and "mail in" are identical. some fine print somewhere says just bring the print out in to the store.

Upvote 0
They said I can get a check $114 or credit $171 for my iphone 3g. :D I guess I will be getting my Evo for $28 bucks..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Or all my accessories for free :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Used iPhone 3G's are selling for over $200.00 on ebay. You might want to look into that option. I wouldn't doubt if BB was selling all of these traded in units on ebay.They could make a lot of money doing that.

Reactions: spider055
Upvote 0
"Most Georgia stores do not require that your laptop, mobile phone or iPod has been purchased at Best Buy."

It sounds like you genuinely need a receipt and needed to of bought the product from best-buy unless in Georgia.

If you know for a fact that this will work, could you please post instructions for us noobs that are having trouble? I just keep reading that it needs to be purchased at bestbuy.

Upvote 0
Mine is actually one of the few who hasn't had issues, but I dropped mine and cracked a corner. Other than that my phone is fine, but it's still a POS.

I think it's $100 to replace for something like that. I'll have to check it out today. According to the BestBuy thing, they'd only give you $112. Not really worth the hassle.

Upvote 0
To all of you with crappy Pre's, have you taken them to Sprint? I've gotten 3 replacements for free, no questions asked because the power button got stuck just like yours. It is a common problem and they should replace it.

Do that, then you should have a shiny new Pre to trade in and maybe get more money for it!

I've actually been wondering about this. My Pre has the "known" power button issue, so I could take it to sprint and get a "free" replacement. However, I wanted to trade my Pre in at BB on the day that I pick up my Evo (I purchased my Pre at BB) in order to get some credit towards the price of the Evo.

But in it's current state, it's not really worth much (broken power button, and there's a scratch on the side). If I get a replacement from sprint, can I still trade it in and get an on-the-spot gift card from BB since the original purchase was made at BB, even though the actual phone I would be trading wouldn't be the original phone, but a replacement for the broken original??

Upvote 0
I've actually been wondering about this. My Pre has the "known" power button issue, so I could take it to sprint and get a "free" replacement. However, I wanted to trade my Pre in at BB on the day that I pick up my Evo (I purchased my Pre at BB) in order to get some credit towards the price of the Evo.

But in it's current state, it's not really worth much (broken power button, and there's a scratch on the side). If I get a replacement from sprint, can I still trade it in and get an on-the-spot gift card from BB since the original purchase was made at BB, even though the actual phone I would be trading wouldn't be the original phone, but a replacement for the broken original??

That's a good question. I don't know if they scan the ESN's or anything like that. You might have to go the route of mailing it in.

Upvote 0
Wow. I stumbled on this discussion via search (looking for something unrelated) and saw the prices folks were getting for old kit. I want to the BestBuy web site, plugged in my old BlackBerry Tour, and got a value of $22. My Palm Pre registered at $28. Then I came back to this discussion and looked at the dates. Bummer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones