1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

BestBuy has the VZW Gnex for free!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teddyearp, Aug 15, 2012.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

I know, this has nothing to do with rooting a VZW gnex, but I have had a thing about how this forum site has decided to organize the sub-sections for this phone, so I post it in the most relevant section, the VZW GNEX section. Sorry folks and mods go ahead and move this if you think it should.

Anyways, although I have followed this phone from before day one (and I gave the release date, hehe) I am a very late comer to owning the LTE VZW gnex and now I finally have one on the way thanks to BestBuy.com. I have a lot of catching up to do, reading more and trying to post less.

verizon galaxy nexus - Best Buy

The only thing I still have a tiny gripe about is the $30 upgrade fee.

I hope this thread is usefull to folks, no matter where it is.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Moved this post to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus thread.

This is about the VZW Nexus, however it is not pretaining to a root question, only a mention of where to obtain the device and for what cost. Thank you for understanding.

If you feel this move is in error please feel free to use the Report button on my post. Thank you.

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

No I expected the move.

VoidedSaint likes this.
  4. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

I took the Best Buy ad to Verizon and they agreed to honor it with a $50 cost for the upgrade (paid up front plus $30) and a $50 rebate. Net zero. I said close enough and got my GNEX in their store last week. The free Hot Spot is nice thanks to the FCC and the FoxFi app. Lets me use my WiFi Tablet anywhere.

5. whitewallman

whitewallman Member

Question:
    Can one add a line to their existing plan (grandfathered plan), I already assume the new line would have tiered data. But wondering if this would kill unlimited data on existing lines?

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

I've been talking about the Gnex for a couple of weeks with a VZW CSR and just Monday he mentioned this $50 rebate. But I couldn't find it on the web page. Can you elaborate, please?

7. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

it shouldnt, but i would talk with a CS rep or go to your store and talk to one of them about it.

8. gaajiwaaih

gaajiwaaih Newbie

Wife purchased hers from Amazon Wireless. It was $.01 and they did not charge upgrade fee or sales tax of any kind.

9. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Android Enthusiast

There must have been an upgrade fee. It gets added to your Verizon bill though. I just got mine from Amazon. They only charged my credit card for a penny.

10. sanman1185

sanman1185 Member

got two brand new lines of service from best buy mobile... $1 / each.

11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

My supervisor at work was finally getting a smartphone, it was a choice between the iPhone and the Nexus... I will find out Monday what he chose. :rolleyes:

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews