• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BETA]Cyanogen!! Landed!!! :) Go get it![Updated 7/12/2011]

Anyone flashed #8 yet? Is the only fix needed the camera fix? I'm on #6 right now.

Haven't flashed anything in over 24 hours! Getting kinda antsy! LOL

I flashed #8 this morning. A few issues
  • Camera/streaming video still broken. Still requires the P3 flash to fix
  • MMS still busted. I pulled mms.apk from #5 (as stated in this thread on previous pages) and it works
  • I had a Superuser FC. I downloaded the new version from the market, cleared the caches, and it seems to be running fine now.
I haven't had time to see if there is any performance/battery increases yet.

Reactions: cabraswell
Upvote 0
Just flashed 7 last night, updating to 8 now.

Camera fix works well. Vignette works perfectly.

Does anybody know if the Froyo blur-camera & gallery would work? I actually prefer those versions.

Sadly, LauncherPro doesn't work any better than on Liberty 2.0. Still some hiccups. but overall the phone is faster. As much as I love Fede's music app (it's like the zune UI, and the only thing still buggy right now is the album art) I wish he'd finish that rewrite of LPP.

Upvote 0
Airmaxx23 - The apk for the MMS would have to be on a build before 7 because that was the one that broke it, I have seen people getting it to work with the MMS file from 5. I use GoSMS and have no problems

WalmartSecurity - There are people looking at what it would take to get the blur camera back, but since CM7 has no blur in it no one is sure if we will be able to get it. I have the same gallery as I did before and it works fine. I know you can download it on the market.

Upvote 0
Reactions: LaZeR
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Airmaxx23 - The apk for the MMS would have to be on a build before 7 because that was the one that broke it, I have seen people getting it to work with the MMS file from 5. I use GoSMS and have no problems

WalmartSecurity - There are people looking at what it would take to get the blur camera back, but since CM7 has no blur in it no one is sure if we will be able to get it. I have the same gallery as I did before and it works fine. I know you can download it on the market.

I've tried the file from Nightlies 4, 5 and 6, none of them are fixing it for me.

Upvote 0
If you can't get that sorted, there is always GoSMS which works for pics without any fixes needed.

I'll probably end up using this until the stock app is fixed.

Airmaxx23,

If anyone is having problems with Handcent not sending MMS, go to Settings>Application Settings>Default Messaging App, and changethatto All,then handcent worksfine.

This works for Handcent but i don't know about other messaging apps

Thank you but I'm using the stock messaging app...:(

Upvote 0
Airmaxx23,

If anyone is having problems with Handcent not sending MMS, go to Settings>Application Settings>Default Messaging App, and changethatto All,then handcent worksfine.

This works for Handcent but i don't know about other messaging apps

I unfroze Handcent since I'm using GoSMS for now to check on this and can't find the bolded setting as mentioned in Handcent Application Settings?

Upvote 0
Update: I'm still having issues trying to send a pic with the stock Mms app.

I've installed the .apk from Nightlies 4, 5 and 6 by moving it to system/app (replacing the old one), changing permissions and rebooting; I've also installed them by just installing the app like a regular app and then rebooting. Nothing is fixing it so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones