• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BETA]Cyanogen!! Landed!!! :) Go get it![Updated 7/12/2011]

Might I recommend bundling up your issues into one thread? You currently have 6 threads on just this one page ALL relating to CM7 problems. There's a CM7 thread already to discuss it in, where other people with similar problems will find it useful, and creating all of these threads just pushes other useful threads down the page.

not only this, but everyone here is a beta tester just like the next guy...at this point in time...the best place to look for answers is probably going to be the source...

Upvote 0
as far as i know, it is the AOSP camera. but i don't think its the camera software. its how the phone is handling media in general. i tried vignette and i could snap the pic but it would hang when it tried to save.

yeah, just like everything else...it seems like its going to need to be written from the ground up to pull it off...give it time...im positive everything will be working soon

Upvote 0
Well the camera works. I just used the fast burst app and snapped 9 pictures. Only thing is, they're a bit low resolution cause of the app.

this. i recommend fastburst if you want a camera. i haven't tried this yet but multiple people have have confirmed it.

personally, i'm happy with this enough to keep it as my daily driver. i was getting the idea it was too buggy for that but i'm definitely pleased with it. can't wait for future updates.

Upvote 0

there are just some AWESOME themes over there...and the built in theme chooser is just money!...can't wait for all the bugs to get ironed out...i think i might download every theme there is lol

Gps problem people: Did you do the second flash to fix it, like the thread said? It's supposed to fix it. Lemme know before I flash this.

Steven

PS: Did P3 put out his flash back to gb zipfile, yet?

1. Yeah i believe they have...seems GPS FUNCTIONS...but once you try it for something like Navigation it doesn't work...yet...

2. I believe i read on his twitter that its in the TBH app...

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
so i flashed it and thanks to airmaxx got my gapps going my phone redownloaded everything by itself but for some reason i cant place widgets, they are not in the menu when i long press and click widgets none of my downloaded apps show up so i can place a FB widget or OC widget...they are non existant. My powerAMP widget works same with ChompSMS but most of my big ones are MIA

Upvote 0
Well, what they he77, I went ahead and applied the monster all in 1. Did not take long at all. Phone booted, was already activated ( 3g there, stuff downloading fine ), made a phone call. So not sure if I need to still reboot to recovery like it says on the first page or not? Several of my apps auto-restored and work just fine too. Google voice working.

Not a huge fan of free ADW, even though I own ADW EX.

Netflix installed ok. I was able to launch it and login ok. Still waiting on something to load...

Youtube not working. I tried checking/unchecking high quality on mobile.

In notification, swiping left to right clears out the individual messages.

This is all very reminiscent of CM on my Droid Eris. Youtube vids not working or only working in low quality. Camera issues, etc. Hope these get ironed out. I'm sure all phones that "get" CM ported over have similar issues, so should be a lot to learn from

Guess I will run the recovery fix since it's still on the page instructions, but I guess I don't see a reason to...is it just to get the older radio and allow GPS to work? ( I'm still on 12p )

Upvote 0
I can confirm that Fast Burst Camera Light does work, this has its own gallery for the pictures so this may be why it works. Not the 8MP quality, but will do the job.

Second, I do not have issues with apps like Fancy Widgets not knowing my location to update, but I do not get a GPS signal at all. It shows in the setting that I have GPS turned on, but when I open something it is is only using my cell tower location and the GPS searching in the tool bar does not show up at all. I did the one step and flashed it twice with the radio updating the second time with no issues.

So the issues that I can see and they have been listed before are:
Camera - fix with Fast Burst Camera Light, not as good resolution however
Camcorder
Playing Video's - I have MoboPlayer working and it plays WMV's and will play items with the Camcorder, but not the audio on the camcorder items.
Netflix's / YouTube
GPS

I have had no problems with Gmail, text messages, phone calls and google voice at all. I think I can hang on a little longer to see how quick these fixes come down. Very happy with the overall feel.

Upvote 0
Well, what they he77, I went ahead and applied the monster all in 1. Did not take long at all. Phone booted, was already activated ( 3g there, stuff downloading fine ), made a phone call. So not sure if I need to still reboot to recovery like it says on the first page or not? Several of my apps auto-restored and work just fine too. Google voice working.

Not a huge fan of free ADW, even though I own ADW EX.

Netflix installed ok. I was able to launch it and login ok. Still waiting on something to load...

Youtube not working. I tried checking/unchecking high quality on mobile.

In notification, swiping left to right clears out the individual messages.

This is all very reminiscent of CM on my Droid Eris. Youtube vids not working or only working in low quality. Camera issues, etc. Hope these get ironed out. I'm sure all phones that "get" CM ported over have similar issues, so should be a lot to learn from

Guess I will run the recovery fix since it's still on the page instructions, but I guess I don't see a reason to...is it just to get the older radio and allow GPS to work? ( I'm still on 12p )

Can u talk me threw getting. GPS to work? And possible swype

Upvote 0
Anyone having any luck with getting ad-blockers to work? I've used the "disable ads" feature in my paid version of Droid Overclocker on everything from Froyo to GB roms, but it doesn't work on here. Someone mentioned changing APN's got it to work on other phones with CM7, but I'm curious if anyone else has had better luck.

Upvote 0
Anyone having any luck with getting ad-blockers to work? I've used the "disable ads" feature in my paid version of Droid Overclocker on everything from Froyo to GB roms, but it doesn't work on here. Someone mentioned changing APN's got it to work on other phones with CM7, but I'm curious if anyone else has had better luck.

AdFree Android worked for me.

Upvote 0
CM7 themes here
[CM7 Theme Chooser] Sony, Samsung, Motorola themes for CM7 (HDPI/MDPI - Updated 13/6) - xda-developers

I downloaded and installed XperiaArc and GingerBlur.

From the theme chooser app ( already installed on the phone, part of the CM7 ROM ) I select XperiaArc and it worked fine. Update status bar, some icons and colors here and there, keyboard looks MUCH better.

When I went to apply GingerBlur, it said some assets were missing from the theme package. I could apply anyway or abort, I skipped it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones