• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BETA]Cyanogen!! Landed!!! :) Go get it![Updated 7/12/2011]

I have to say revnumbers has done a great job on the the GB Kernel build. I got fed up with MIUI and the data problems so I went back to stock .602 for a few days and hated it. Just about that time it looked like revnumbers had the CM7 on GB kernel done so I tried it, it is great. I have not had any issues (ok the battery is not reporting in 1% right now, but that is not a big deal to me) for what I use my phone for. I am still on the last build he was working on. I have not put any of the new nightly's that has is doing on it yet.

Upvote 0
is this rom working on rooted .602? this is the only rom ive flashed back in the day on my eris i use to have..i see alot of people having issues with Apex on the .602 and they are having to flash a new market and i think thats a little out of my reach right now cause ive never even done a sbf before but im wanting to root and rom my phone cause its dull and the wifi and 3g are droping all the time and im wanting a new rom and look to my phone..im affraid it would be difcult for me to flash rom and figure out how to put a new market on my phone right now

Upvote 0
is this rom working on rooted .602? this is the only rom ive flashed back in the day on my eris i use to have..i see alot of people having issues with Apex on the .602 and they are having to flash a new market and i think thats a little out of my reach right now cause ive never even done a sbf before but im wanting to root and rom my phone cause its dull and the wifi and 3g are droping all the time and im wanting a new rom and look to my phone..im affraid it would be difcult for me to flash rom and figure out how to put a new market on my phone right now

Check this link:

[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

Upvote 0
Just flashed away from CM7 nightly build 77 because I noticed that the screen is always on, at a very low level, in standby. I first noticed this one night when the phone was in the dark. The screen is very faintly illuminated.

I thought it might be my Screebl app, so I uninstalled it, but the screen remained on in standby. I flashed to MIUI and the backlight problem is gone.

I always wondered why my battery life was pretty bad on CM7.

I loved everything about CM7, but this backlight bug with the resulting battery drain is too much.

Does anyone else have this problem? Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I have been really busy and haven't been on the forums lately. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones