1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[BETA] NavyWars Multiplayer! (battleship like game)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by BrutusBoots, Jun 8, 2011.

1. BrutusBoots

BrutusBoots Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I've been working on a multiplayer game for a little while now and it's about to the point where I need to get some more people using it. It's called Navy Wars and it's a turn based game where you try to take out your opponents fleet.

Here are a few screen shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game is a work in progress, so there will be bugs and there will be changes. It was developed on a Nexus S, a Nexus One and a Nook Color. It hasn't had much exposure on other devices yet, so this should be a good test. If you run into any crashes, please email as much detail as you can to navywars@dogsbyte.net and also use the built in crash reporter being as detailed as you can be when submitting a report.

I think the game is pretty straight forward to play. If you register, post your username here so others can challenge you.

A few notes:
    • Just a heads up before you install the game, take note that it does use Google Analytics to collect anonymous usage data as well it can also send anonymous error reports to the server if an unexpected error occurs.
    • Also, this being a beta, there will be a reset of stats before the game goes public.
    • The final version will have a few undecided limitations with the option of purchasing the full game.
    • The beta version requires permissions to access your logs in the case of a crash!
    • The game requires at least Android 2.2

Where to download

The latest beta build is v1.00 (R198) and the latest build will always be available at the following url:
    http://navywarsmp.appspot.com/publicbeta/

[​IMG]

I probably forgot something but I'll try to keep this post up to date.

Please make sure you read the initial help tips so you know how to play! Post up your username if you join so people can challenge you :)

Advertisement

2. Lennatron

Lennatron Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    College Student
    PA
    I'm writing these things in the order I notice them.

1. I see it needs to read sensitive log data. This day and age that is completely unacceptable. There are too many malware scares and we have a right to complain and leave one star ratings over things like that now.

2. While registering I could not change the screen orientation. For people with virtual keyboards thats a big deal.

3. It needs my email address and password. That seems suspicious since it also reads sensitive log data. I'm not accusing this as being spyware, but if you publish this in the Market other users certainly will and I can't blame them.

4. After I positioned my ships the only option I can see is 'Attack a friend' When I tap the attack a friend button the back button is cut off. I can see just the top of another button below that Attack friend button but the its cut off and I don't know what it says. I can tap it and it does work.

5. I'm still waiting for people to attack back so I can't comment on game play.

6. My username is Lennatron by the way.

7.On the app homescreen thing the status bar is hidden. I don't think it should be because on the game's homescreen your not in game play obviously.

3. BrutusBoots

BrutusBoots Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Build R200 released with some bugfixes. Update your games!

4. BrutusBoots

BrutusBoots Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    I don't know how I missed this :eek:

This app won't hit the market with the log requirement. If you read my first post it states that it's for the beta only.

The game is locked in one orientation. I may look into making some screens able to change orientation. You really only ever see the login screen once though, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

The game requires you to sign up with an email address and password. It doesn't want your email address and password. I will update the login/registation screen to be more clear on that.

Can you provide me with a screen shot so I can fix this?

I'll attack you :)

Screenshot? I'm not sure what you are referring to :eek:

Thanks for all the feedback! I appreciate it!

5. BrutusBoots

BrutusBoots Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    R212 just published. Update your games! Lots of bug fixes!

6. BrutusBoots

BrutusBoots Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    R229 published! Update your games!

7. Lennatron

Lennatron Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    College Student
    PA
    Sorry I haven't posted more, I've been busy but I'll put the screenshot up shortly. I am on CM7 if you didn't notice on "My devices". Are you still interested in having me as a tester?

8. BrutusBoots

BrutusBoots Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Sure! There are ~700 people testing it right now, could always use one more :)

9. BrutusBoots

BrutusBoots Newbie
    None

Jun 6, 2011