• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beta tester favor needed

alostpacket

Over Macho Grande?
Nov 29, 2009
NY
alostpacket.com
Hey all you N1ers

I was wondering if someone could do me a favor. My application Listables! (see sig) lists the users currently installed applications. However I try and filter out any system apps so as not to make the list too cluttered. Unfortunately there is no way for me to know what system apps are on devices other than my own.

So here's the favor I was hoping someone could help with:

1) download my app Listables! (it's free, link: http://androidforums.com/application-announcements/47127-listables-share-your-app-list-friends.html)
2) select all your system apps (ie the ones pre-installed from Google or T-Mobile or HTC)
3) send me the HTML list or post the BBcode list here (menu > copy bb code)

Lists can be sent to software@ (my username) .com
Or just posted in this thread.

This way I can make my app a bit nicer experience for N1 users.

Thanks!

As far as I know all apps are installed in the same directory under their package names (ie com.google.maps). So I cant really filter that way, and there is no "flag" that is obvious as to look for.

I thought I could try looking for anything com.google.* but then I would miss things like Google Goggles and Google Listen and other neat apps.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones