• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beta Testers required for First Spying product for Android

shaz

Lurker
Aug 20, 2009
Hi,

MobiStealth announces first comprehensive spying software for android phones. This software is called StealthSpy and can be used to supervise and protect teenagers and employees,and to investigate infidelity and criminal activity.

StealthSpy is very easy to use. You simply set it up on the mobile you intend to monitor and then login to MobiStealth website to view exactly what happens on the phone . You will be able to view text messages, phone calls, websites visited ,contacts, appointments/calendar and GPS (location) history.The best part is that you can view all this data from anywhere in the world in real time! It works in complete stealth mode - which means it can silently work in the background and record all activities on the phone.

StealthSpy is invaluable not only for concerned spouses, parents, and corporations, but also can be used by law enforcement, financial institutions, mobile backup companies, and others.Please visit MobiStealth - Monitor Kids, Catch Cheating Spouse, Android Smart Phones. Spying software for Mobile Phones. for further details.

Currently we are looking for limited number of beta testers. These testers will be awarded free 3 month accounts when MobiStealth is commercially launched. Please email imei number( dial *#06# to see imei number) of target phone at labs@mobistealth.com . We shall email you the beta account details and StealthSpy installation instructions.

Thanks,
shaz

Hi,
Another Feature has been added to StealthSpy. Now users can view/log saved Bookmarks on Android phones using their accounts at Mobistealth web site. Following is complete list of updated information which can be captured using StealthSpy

- text messages
- phone calls
- visited websites
- saved bookmarks
- contacts
- appointments/calendar
- GPS (location) history

These features make this product extremely useful for parental control, catching cheating spouse, implementing company policies, backing up data and locating stolen phones through GPS. Police can also use this software Spying criminals.

We are continuously looking for beta testers. These testers will be offered free three months accounts once mobistealth is commercially launched. If you are interested in beta testing then contact us at labs@mobistealth.com

Regards,
shaz

Upvote 0
Hi,
StealthSpy has been updated with exciting new features.Following is list new added features. You can get details of each feature
from MobiStealth - Monitor Kids, Catch Cheating Spouse, Android Smart Phones. Spying software for Mobile Phones..

- SIM Change Notification
- CellID based Location
- Location Reporting Preference
- Location Information Through SMS
- Phone Wipe through SMS
- encryption in both local and on wire data
- data logging only if there is any change in data

So the updated feature List make it more than useful for following purposes

- Monitor & Protect your Children
- Protect & Recover your lost/stolen Phone (MobiStealth - Monitor Kids, Catch Cheating Spouse, Android Smart Phones. Spying software for Mobile Phones.)
- Catch Cheating Spouse
- Monitor employees.

We are continously looking for Beta Testers. If you are interested then please email us at labs@mobistealth.com.

Best Regards,
shaz

Upvote 0
StealthSpy is invaluable not only for concerned spouses,

um, that's invasion of privacy.

If you can't trust your spouse --- either because they're not trustworthy, or you're paranoid --- you shouldn't be in a relationship with that person.

What's "invaluable" for a concerned spouse is talking to their husband/wife, or talking to a lawyer or therapist. Spying on them is unethical, juvenile, and illegal.

Upvote 0
Wow. How terribly evil of you.

The only way I can think you could moralise this app is by marketing it as a phone nanny for your children, but even then it goes too far to be acceptable and besides, who buys their tweenager an andorid device?? Well, I suppose you could sell it as a security app (in case your phone gets stolen), but man ... youre evil! Shame on you. :p

Upvote 0
I loved the idea.

But I have some questions.

1. How is the service started?

2. Does it stay up all the time? If the phone is turned off and then turned on again, will the app run again?

3. Will the battery die sooner? Because my G1 runs out of battery every 2 days. I guess with this app it will die a lot faster, right?

4. How does the app send all the data you said it will send? Does it use a data plan of the SIM that is curently inserted into the phone?

I ask all this because I think these are interesting questions to me and I guess they would be to all who are willing to buy an app like that.

I

Upvote 0
Hi,
I should say very deep analysis of application and most common questions which can qualify as FAQ.

How is the service started?
One just need to restart the phone after installation, it will automatically be started.

Does it stay up all the time?
Nops , it simpley does it's work and then dies away. It wakes up after certain time intervals. It doesn't run always. Roughly it runs for just 10 to 15 minutes in an hour.

If the phone is turned off and then turned on again, will the app run again?
Yup , it will automatically start when phone is turned on again.

Will the battery die sooner? Because my G1 runs out of battery every 2 days. I guess with this app it will die a lot faster, right?
As mentioned earlier it runs for around 10 to 15 minutes in an hour. User has also the option to get the location information through only CellID, so saving battery by not using GPS.

How does the app send all the data you said it will send? Does it use a data plan of the SIM that is currently inserted into the phone?
Yup it uses the internet connection for data transfer. But the data is transferred only if there is new data or existing data is changed. So you can say data plan friendly as well.

I would have no clue about what is the new phone number or how to find it unless your app keeps sending information no matter what SIM is in the phone.
Yes , this application works independent of SIM. Suppose the thief doesn't have internet connection in newly inserted SIM, then you can track him by simply sending secret SMS for getting his current location. You can also wipe all your data through secret SMS.

Regrads,
shaz

Upvote 0
Use this on someone, including your spouse, without their acceptance has got to be highly illegal. I'm sure they could sue you or report you for a criminal offense.

On the other hand, if you make someone sign some sort of release form to agree to this monitoring, as an employee might have to do, then that would probably be above board.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Looking at threads, it gives impression that people are just considering one use case. There are quite a few purposes for which this application can be used.

People have been using parental control software on PC and other mobile platforms but they didn't have any such option on Android. I think you people must have Googled the dangers of sexting and other evils brought by unrestricted access to mobile phones.

People can use this software for recovering their stolen mobile phones and protecting their privacy from thieves.

One can use it to back up his data and later restoring the data to newly purchased android phone. Soon support for other mobile phones will also be added. So people will also be able to transfer data from one handheld to other device with just few clicks.

Courier and other service oriented companies can use this software to track the delivery guys and actual location of package. Similarly this software can be used for tracking sales people as well.

Companies can also use this software for making sure that company-owned mobile phones are being used according to company policies and no company owned data/information is being leaked through company-owned mobile phones.

Please go through our end user license agreement where we have clearly mentioned that this software should be used in a legal way.

Yes, there is potential of this application to be used in illegal way but technology should never be blamed for this. Remember internet/TV is also being used for illegal purposes but should we blame them for this?

Products are meant for masses , not for individuals. Some of posts over here just show personal experiences.

Regards,
shaz

Upvote 0
Now Mobistealth also supporst T-Mobile myToch 3G. So now Mobistealth covers almost all Android Based phones in USA.

We are also in discussion with SkyHook( official provider of location based services on iPhone) to integrate their technology into MobiStealth as they seem to be far mature and accurate as compared to google's location based srvices.

We'll keep you updated about latest developments.

Regrads,
shaz

Upvote 0
Hi,

StealthSpy is very easy to use. You simply set it up on the mobile you intend to monitor and then login to MobiStealth website to view exactly what happens on the phone . You will be able to view text messages, phone calls, websites visited ,contacts, appointments/calendar and GPS (location) history.The best part is that you can view all this data from anywhere in the world in real time! It works in complete stealth mode - which means it can silently work in the background and record all activities on the phone.

StealthSpy is invaluable not only for concerned spouses, parents, and corporations, but also can be used by law enforcement, financial institutions, mobile backup companies, and others.

Not real sure where you get your information but this could NOT be used by Law Enforcement in the US. Its the mobile version of wire tapping. The only way this would be legal is if you were the owner of the phone. So unless its being used to monitor your child or yourself, any other use would be pretty much be illegal.

That said, I do have a few other questions. Does this show up on task killer apps? Cause if it did, it becomes pretty useless at that point.

If its hidden to app killers is there any way to kill this app after its been turned loose without having to go online? As is, assume someone else put this on your phone. How would you go about having it removed?

Dont even get me started on the security of the stored information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones