• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {Beta}White Widow and Suave Smush Automatic Updater Beta.

andrizoid

Android Expert
Mar 25, 2010
I wish I knew java, then I could make this into an actual app. Its something Im workin on in the long term future though. So for now, this is the best I can do. I thought it was a pretty good little work around.

Some of you know I have a website where *some* of my downloads are hosted. Once I get the rest of them hosted on there rather than multiupload etc. I can implement the actual downloads of the roms. The code is already there, just commented out till I get the direct host.

Lots of things will be added in the very near future, and Im updating it literally every couple seconds. What i really need from you is feedback and what you would like to see in the next releases.

Extract this file anywhere on your computer and run the script.

This is a shell script so it will only work on linux. Sorry windows users, I dont know batch scripting. If someone wants to go through and convert it feel free!
For now though, you may want to look at Cygwin Information and Installation.

Andrizoids Updater 0.8.

Current Features.
Code:
echo "7 | Choose a rom to download."
echo "6 | Check for reports from Andrizoid"
echo "5 | Donations Information."
echo "4 | Clean up files."
echo "3 | Check your current rom information."
echo "2 | Check most current releases."
echo "1 | Update your rom."

A. Install Cygwin

1. Download the cygwin installer from http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe
2. take the defaults till you get to the "packages" screen.
Leave the default selections and add the following:
-- /web/wget (you can search wget as well)
-- /editors/nano (you can search on nano)
3. once the install is finished double click the Cygwin icon on the desktop and a bash prompt will come up
4. Type "cd c:" and hit enter
5. you'll now be on your "c" drive.

B. Make sure Android SDK is installed properly.

1. Make sure that the base Android SDK is installed and that the USB drivers are installed and working. I install mine to c:\android-sdk-windows
2. in the cyqwin window type "cd android-sdk-windows/tools" and hit enter
3. Plug in your phone and type "./adb devices"
-- If nothing comes up then you need to get the usb drivers installed and functioning correctly. There are other tutorials on how to do that so follow those.
- If it works then you are ready to run the script. Extract the Updater from the zip file into the android-sdk-windows/tools directory
4. type ./Updater

The only thing that doesn't work is the "clear" command used to clean up the terminal. Cyqwin does not provide a clear utility.

Upvote 0
If you really want the "clear" command to work you can use this. The zip file is just a file with the following command in it 'echo -e "\E[2J"' so you can even create it yourself. Or do the following

1. Extract the zip file to C:\cygwin\bin
2. in the cygwin command window type "chmod +x /bin/clear" and hit enter

now the "clear" will work and the script should run as intended.

Attachments

• clear.zip
    160 bytes · Views: 53
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones