1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Better alerts of Text Messages

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ilus4, Oct 20, 2021.

1. ilus4

ilus4 Lurker

Is there a way to make my phone ring/vibrate continuously, until I view a text message?

For instance, android rings when someone calls me, and it continues ringing until I answer it, or decline it, or 30 seconds goes by.

I want something to help me respond to text messages from teammates at work. Maybe the same level of alerts as an incoming call for 30 seconds, then repeat for 5 seconds every minute.

I'm partially deaf too, so perhaps if there's a way for it to flash the screen and camera flash led until I view the message or decline the notification, that would help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Textra will sort of do what you want:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

It has a setting to wake the screen when you get a text and lets you repeat the notification up to 50 times, but plays them two minutes apart.

Now, for the notification sound... most notifications are only a second or two, but you can add longer sounds to the default Notification folder usually located in one of these locations:
    /sdcard/media/audio/notifications/
    /sdcard/notifications/

Copy a long audio file to that folder and then you should be able to select it as your Text notification. If it's 30 seconds Textra would repeat it every 2 minutes, so it would play it for 30 seconds, be silent for 90 seconds, then repeat.

3. ScarlettM59

ScarlettM59 Newbie

This is really good app, I didn't know playstore have such good app for text..... In past I was using the google text ... But now this one is more fun.