1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Better Alternative?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MrMatthew, Nov 29, 2020.

1. MrMatthew

MrMatthew Member

Since Google Play Music shut down giving YouTube Music as the only alternative, I absolutely hate it!! It won't upload all my music, which is 600+ songs. Perfectly tagged. You can't choose music by genre. You can only create playlist by choosing 1 song at a time. Which again, is way too tedious with over 600 songs and many genres. You can't say; "Hey Google, play such and such," from your uploaded library or playlist you've created like you could with GPM. When it comes to playing your music it's all 'hands on' which makes it difficult and dangerous when driving. This has been my 'wonderful' experience with YTM. Am I doing things wrong or am I missing something?! Anyway… I'm looking for an alternative music player that can do these such things, without ads. Preferably free or at least very inexpensive. Hell, If YTM could do these things, I'd pay for it. I would really, really, appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Please, help a frustrated music lover out.

MrJavi likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Trom

Trom Android Enthusiast

You might check out VLC, it's open source and free with no ads, and has been around forever. Not sure if it plays nicely with Google assistant, and my assumption is that Google assistant won't be able to control the behavior of any third party app.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Poweramp.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Really, wow, by downloading the full album of the artist, it does accumulate, yes it does get a somewhat frustrating duration of the playlist, I hate it too, still, I have a massive stockpile of several music collections too, just download each album to your youtube music selection and you can have that burrowed over to the youtube, and have it per album.

I know this because been a massive media hog over youtube and can work itself wonders throughout itself, such a shame.. VLC is pretty okay though, not so sure if it will have you the luxury of downloading full albums with little as ten dollars per month, but hey. Instead of going out and purchasing the album and somewhat supporting their music label. You are thinking of Google music via play. You can have a free trial and listen to the massive feeds on whatever you chose too. And have that with your devices.

You are only thinking of google play music, that has been done forever, the app can mutated with a tap that can access the same media as you did download via GPM, with that in mind, keep it forever on your comp or other devices too.

So yeah why the frustration?

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. MrMatthew

MrMatthew Member

6. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

That was layman terms.
    Honestly some people.. Basically why would you wanna stop with the Youtube music?

YouTube Music - Stream Songs &

YouTube Music - Stream Songs & Forum

com.google.android.apps.youtube.music

YouTube Music is a new music app that allows you to easily find what you’re looking for and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your context, tastes, and what’s trending around you. A new music streaming service from YouTube ● This is a completely reimagined music service with official releases from your favorite artists. Find the music you want ● Easily find the albums, singles, live performances, covers, and remixes you’re looking for. ● Don’t know a song’s name? Just search for the lyrics or describe it. Discover new music ● Get music recommendations based on taste, location, and time of day. ● Use “The Hotlist” to keep up with what’s trending. Uninterrupted listening with Music Premium ● Listen ad-free ● Don’t worry about your music stopping when you lock your screen or use other apps. ● Download your favorites or let us do it for you by enabling Offline Mixtape. Get one free month of Music Premium to listen ad-free, offline, and with your screen locked, then pay just $9.99 a month. Existing YouTube Red or Google Play Music members and users of either service who have already received a 30 day trial are not eligible. Monthly charges auto-renew for Music Premium membership outside of trial periods.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
100M+
Installs