1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Better Camera Over Stock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spikebob21, May 3, 2012.

1. Spikebob21

Spikebob21 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    Is there a better camera application/script/.zip file/ANYTHING to enhance the Stock camera?

Or the stock one is good...

I'm really looking for some new cool apps to try out on my phone to see how they run :p

Advertisement

2. Cuzuaintme

Cuzuaintme Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    New York!
    You should search the play store for picture related apps, they would usually come with their own camera app within. That should hold you until you can find anything that would satisfy you better. I like to use the Picsart Camera, it has a wide variety of picture editing tools you wouldn't have on the phone otherwise.

3. SamsungAdmire

None

Feb 7, 2012
    Um.. Instagram with its advanced camera?

4. sukuoru

sukuoru Member
    None

Mar 2, 2012
    Toys r us, in the rzone
    Jacksonville, fl
    I second instagram. Never tried anything else, at least on Android

5. genovdot

genovdot Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Paper camera from the market is pretty awesome. It cost though

6. ZeroShot

ZeroShot Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 5, 2012
    I'm I missing something. I couldn't find instagram on android market!

7. SpawnHyuuga

SpawnHyuuga Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    United States
    @Zero: Go into Application Settings and clear data and cache for the Android Market/Google Play Store.

If that doesn't work you may want to pay a visit to XDA-Developers as they have versions of the Play Store that have no device limitations and even a version that disables Auto-Update for the Play Store. You will need root to install this market mod.

8. InFiD3ViL

InFiD3ViL Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 5, 2012
    IT
    Spring Hill, Florida
    Why is everyone recommending Instagram and its limited crappy filters and other online social app cameras?

That has a very limited camera app and is mainly an online social app for sharing 'meh' quality pictures.

I am using the stock miui camera (MIUIcamera_v17_Fixed2.apk) app. It has very good image quality and also has a burst mode.

Other than that the best one I have used is a paid app if you want it all, but is fantastic.

It is called CameraZoom FX... I think there is a free version, but if you get the full paid version you get hundreds of great filters, frames and supported add-ons. It also has an adjustable burst mode...4, 8, 16, 32 etc..

CameraZoom FX allows you to donwload like 15 or more supported add-ons for free from the Google Play store. They even have some goofy add-ons that allow you to insert things like Queen Elizabeth, Barack Obama, or Michael Jackson etc... (not sure why you would want to) into the pictures.

But the camera aspect of CameraZoom FX is the best part. It is very good and has alot of features compared to stock camera.

Anyhow, I still finding myself using the miui camera (which replaces the stock camera in the app drawer) as it has face finder and a decent auto-focus. It really takes good pics at the highest resolution our modest 3.2MP Admire lens allows.

Just gotta be careful and research the type of shots you want to take. Some allow adjustment of ISO and lighting settings. But there are some lower quality apps that won't even allow you to map Auto-Zoom to the volume buttons.

I have also heard great things about Camera360 Ultimate.

Just take your time and read up a bit on what will work best for your needs.