1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Better documentation for the Shift ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChTidio, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ChTidio

ChTidio Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    I have gone over the manual provided with the phone a couple of times. However, though it covers the "general" aspects of most features, I find it it very limited when it comes to detailed operation of the apps included on the device. I was wondering if anyone is aware of a source of extended documentation, e.g. document or documents the discuss ALL the features of every app that was installed on the phone, as well as other operations, for example, what's the best way to transfer all your data from the 2 Gb card to a larger card you might have bought, should you first transfer the data from the small card to another location, format the larger card using the phone, and then transfer the info back, or is there some other process?, etc.

It's also possible that the info is already there and I just missed it, if so I apologize, just point me to where it is and I'll stop whining ;-)

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I don't think you're whining - I think you're a newer Android user and you've smacked onto a real problem - and why our forum, first of its kind for Android - has grown to be the largest. Basically, without full professional documentation, we support each other for this sort of thing. On to your specific question:

Yes - to xfer your data from an SD card, first connect your phone to your PC, in your file explorer, set it to show ALL files - including hidden ones. I suggest you make a folder on your PC called something like "Shift Save" - select the entire SD card and drag it to that folder. ***Delete the folder called LOST.DIR once xferred to your PC.***

Format your new SD card on your phone.

In your "Shift Save" folder - select all that you copied over and drag them to the phone's SD card mounted again as a USB drive. Select "Replace all" if asked.

ChTidio and Kenneth196 like this.
  3. ChTidio

ChTidio Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Thanks, and that's too bad about the lack of documentation. I think these products have so much potential and only part of it is realized because most people don't even know that certain things can be done byt these phones and these apps :-(