• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Better Keyboard" app - Anyone using this?

Better Keyboard is not like the suretype on the BB or Storm in one important way...its word prediction is really iffy...lots of very odd preferences in stock form (IRRC, type f-o-r and end up with two other much less used words offered as the first two choices.

Compared to BB suretype it's really weak, IMHO.

If you can find the HTC keyboard (look in the Samsung forum here) it's MUCH better.

And really, Swype is better than them all...never had and FC, once you learn the system you can type fast and with minimal concern for accuracy...I can't imagine going back to tap-typing at this point.

Upvote 0
I tried Shapewriter (which is available on the market) and after using I had to wonder why in the world would anyone want to type by rubbing on the phone. I promptly uninstalled Shapewriter and went back to pecking (which I'm fairly good at with 3 years of iPhone).

I just installed Swype after reading this thread and... umm... wow. Way better than Shapewriter. Much more accurate and less laggy than Shapewriter seemed to be. And this is just a beta... wow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones