1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Better Keyboard Voice Input Issue Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jb1, Feb 6, 2010.

1. jb1

jb1 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    hey everyone, trying out better keyboard,, been wanting good text input like what comes with 2.1 for a while, the accuracy of the voice input is decent from what i can tell, but when im done recording the text doesnt go into the text field, instead i have to click the text box again and it comes up as a suggestion, is this right..is this how the app is designed..

also any other suggestions for 2.1 quality voice input for texting without rooting

thanks

Advertisement

2. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Try TalktoMe keyboard. It works they way you want it.

3. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Virginia
    I have Talk to me Keyboard and I'm not to impressed with it. No matter how slow I try to talk or space out my words it is very hit or miss for me. I just uninstalled Talk to me and started using the 2.1 keyboard in Bugless Beast and it seems awesome! It has picked up everything that I have said so far.

4. jdldf

jdldf Active Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Salaried Retail Manager, Full time student
    New York
    The 2.1 keyboard on the Bugless Beast and beauty roms by far the best voice to text keyboard I have seen. I can use the stock messaging again instead of handcent which sometimes lagged the phone a bit

5. jb1

jb1 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    nahh i dont want to root, ill just have to wait for 2.1 official release, and hope better keyboard developer updates the keyboard with the new voice recognition

6. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I thought all the keyboards used Google's speech to text engine so wouldn't they all perform the same?

7. jdldf

jdldf Active Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Salaried Retail Manager, Full time student
    New York
    I believe that 2.1 keyboard is the first to have voice input in all text fields.

8. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Virginia
    It appears that way but after using the 2.1 keyboard there is no comparison to the other market apps vs. the 2.1 keyboard...2.1 is wonderful.