• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Keyboard

UOFLcards

Jan 24, 2011
Which version of Better Keyboard do I go with? BK 7 or BK 8? I'm just looking to go with the free version to start and test it out and then if I like it will shell out the extra for the full version. Just dont know which version to go with. Read some reviews but heard that 7 and 8 are not as good as the past versions but cant find the past versions to install.

The stock keyboard buttons are very small for me since I have big hands and fingers and it does lag a little bit. Any suggestions for Better Keyboard?

Also, I was debating on "rooting". Should I wait for the updates or should I go ahead and take the plunge now? Thanks in advance!

I saw a youtube video of someone with iphone keyboard on their ascend and that looked like it worked pretty well. has anybody tried it? Swype works good if you take the time to learn how to use it.

I know right!? So many people actually hate swype but once you get the hang of it it's actually 10 times faster than t9 amd manually texting!...Well IMO anyways!

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
I know you asked about Better Keyboard, but I use just the regular Android keyboard now. I tried Better Keyboard and Any Soft Keyboard and went back to the Android Keyboard anyway (not the Swype Keyboard!). It does just fine for me and I don't lose my alien smilies like I did w/ Any Soft Keyboard. Try the regular Android keyboard out for a bit so you don't have to have unnecessary stuff on your phone.

Upvote 0
I can't stand any of the keyboard replacements. For some reason, I'm really doing well on the stock one. I've tried 3 different kinds. I end up back with the stock one using Swype. I don't get it myself. I'd even downloaded different skins for Keyboard 8. X.x Guess each person has their own taste in things. ^.^

I don't care for any skins. I just like having the numbers and punctuation on the same keyboard and not having to switch to get to them.

Upvote 0
I use swype the most and have gotten pretty good at it, but it would b even better if it had speech to text. I haven't found any keyboard that is easier to use. When I do get on another keyboard, I inevitably try to swype the text lol I have tried the better keyboards, but didn't really get used to them & ended up switching back to swype.

Upvote 0
Hi can anyone help me. I have little fingers but still seem to have a issue with the little buttons txt'n and to often hit the one next to the one I want. What is a better keyboard to use for that issue and or generally better on other issues.
And foremost where do I go to get it and how do I put it on my new Ascend.

Thanks in advance......
LUVS.......Jenn:p
You just download replacement keyboards from the market like any other app. To change keyboards, long press any text entry box. A menu will come up. Go down to input method and choose which one you want to use. The phone comes with android keyboard and swype keyboard. I can't really recommend a good replacement because I just use swype. Have you tried the swype tutorial? Long press the swype button on the keyboard (next to q) and the tutorial button comes up. Swype works pretty well if you learn how to use it. A lot of people still hate it, though. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jennipher Doll
Upvote 0
You just download replacement keyboards from the market like any other app. To change keyboards, long press any text entry box. A menu will come up. Go down to input method and choose which one you want to use. The phone comes with android keyboard and swype keyboard. I can't really recommend a good replacement because I just use swype. Have you tried the swype tutorial? Long press the swype button on the keyboard (next to q) and the tutorial button comes up. Swype works pretty well if you learn how to use it. A lot of people still hate it, though. :rolleyes:
Thank you so much Gmash.....
Wonderful help Hun, and fast reply.
LUVS....Jenn:p

Upvote 0
Can come1 plz tell me how i change the size of the text box on this phone, where it says "type to compose", i changed it to a big box but i hate it makes it a mission to go bak to the texts, how can i change this pleeeeeeeeeease

why spam all threads with the same question, that will not get you help any faster, but i did give you a solution on the same post in another thread.

Reactions: KOLIO and Can0dope
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones