1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Better popup for SMS/Email?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boldt, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Hello all

New to the forum and the Captivate (3 days) and I have been reading this site and learning as I go but I had a question about some sort of better indicator or popup for sms and email?

I am coming from a Blackberry 9700 so I guess I was spoiled. I am really digging this phone and have no intentions of going back ever. I see the little indicator at the top of the phone but I wanted something more noticeable or annoying - is there anything better?

Figured I would ask you folks what you use or recommend for this phone. I will continue to read and browse the market - thanks for this site and the great amount of knowledge.

Boldt

2. trant01

trant01 Newbie

try handcent for sms. its much better than the stock version.

3. iMouseOne

iMouseOne Newbie

Handcent and chomp sms both have popup options for when you receive txts. Both are good txting replacements with loads of features.

4. ScaGin

ScaGin Newbie

There is SMS Popup and Email Popup on Appbrain. I don't see one for both notifications.

5. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Wow awesome thanks folks. I will take a look at those programs. I had heard of the Handcent but being so new I was not entirely sure it was okay for my phone (lol) now I know. Thanks again

6. ScaGin

ScaGin Newbie

Executive Office will do both. It is on Appbrain for $4.99.

7. sallyk

sallyk Lurker

i was used to the blinding led blinking on my blackberry too....you'll get used to that pathetic little green dot soon....<<miss my blackberry!!>>

8. sremick

sremick Android Expert

I use SMS Popup and it works great. For email though I get way too many so the notification bar icon is enough for me.

9. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

+1 for SMS Popup. I have it set so I only get a popup when the screen is off or locked, that way I can send a quick reply if needed without opening the Messaging app, but when I'm using the phone I want the notification in the top bar, where it should be. :)

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews