1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support better replacement screen question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Covert_Death, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Male
    ELP Engineer @ National Instruments
    Austin, TX
    okay so, i've been thinking, i know that for the moment you can buy more plastic screens to put on your phone yourself if you break it or scratch it or whatever... but what about a GLASS screen, is anyone out there making GLASS screen replacements? i'm very curious to this answer.

i realize it would void a warantee but you could simplee just throw the plastic one back on if you HAD to bring it in... glass would be much more scratch resistant, and feel better IMO.

does anyone know if anyone does this? or if this is even possible? I'm pretty sure it'd be possible but i have no real knowledge of this lol

Advertisement

2. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle
    I'm sure you could make a glass screen but would you want to go to the hassle?

I've had mine since the beginning of November and I've never used a screen protector. Not one scratch or blemish and I use my jeans to clean it.

3. Covert_Death

Feb 2, 2010
    Male
    Austin, TX
    idk but i ruined my instinct screen by accidently placing it in the same pocket as my keys for five minutes lol.

im not saying i would MAKE it, but if another company did, iwould buy it and do the replacement myself since screen replacements are easy really, and can be done better than factory so no dust gets in

4. AlkiDweller

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle
    I have a feeling that no company would risk the investment in developing, manufacturing and marketing a product that you could only use by first doing something that voids the warranty of the phone.

5. Covert_Death

Feb 2, 2010
    Male
    Austin, TX
    well companies make replacement plastic screens which is the same exact thing really, just what material they use is different

6. AlkiDweller

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle
    I guess I should have googled it before I made the assumption. You are correct.