1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

better ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chicomostoc, Apr 13, 2012.

1. chicomostoc

chicomostoc Android Enthusiast

[ROM] Number Two (#2) v1.1 ZVD
    Vs

[Rom][4-3-12][ZVD]Broken Out Esteem 1.1
    Vs

[ROM] Stock/Debloated ZVD-C-B 4/1/12
    Vs

STOCK ROM ZVD

Wich is better? battery life, speed

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

You miss black plague from pg i have tried all except black plague so far I'm liking rom #2 by ldrifta and Mt but will try out black plague as well will post later about it :)

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Every phone is different and every ROM reacts different from phone to phone.

Flash every ROM and find out what works for YOUR phone.

That's like asking Honda vs Toyota vs acura vs American cars. There is no answer but YOUR answer. :D

Not the answer you want but its the truth when it all boils down. Someone says ldrifta ROM is the best, its the best on their phone.

4. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

flashing all of them and see which one you like the best.

5. gamer30168

gamer30168 Android Enthusiast

i guess this is a great time to ask if anyone knows anything about multibooting ROMs...is there a bootmanager similar to a when you have a dual or multiboot system for windows? Can this be done and is anyone doing it?

6. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

I know that was asked before but i don't know the answer. Try a search and see if anything comes up cause i know there was a topic about it.

I don't think so but I'm not sure

7. thecdn

thecdn Well-Known Member

That would be a great thing. There are so many good rom's available now multibooting would make it easier to compare them. Of course, I have no idea if such a thing is feasible on our phones.

(Says the guy who just repartitioned his hd so he can only multiboot 5 linux distros and Win7 instead of the 10 he used to have....... :D )

8. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

try BootManager it may or may not work, but well worth a try, and also it depends on the device also. Boot Manager Lite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bU0VJ1jmbx8

9. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger

should def have black plague on the list, and maybe a link to each thread?

BRIAN5337 likes this.
  10. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

In my case of Extended Battery and have very little RAM being used at all times unless something is open and I am currently using it(No FaceBook or anything like that EXCEPT for Talk and Google+ sometimes, at all times I will have between 65MB-80MB of RAM usage at all times to help with battery life a bit). With these 2 factors in mind...

Stock ZVD & ZVD 2.0 have the BEST battery life by FAR on my device at ~40+ hours on light-mediocre usage.

Next would be BO and NT at ~30 hours of light-mediocre usage and great speed on games and intensive apps but everyday usage for me no speed difference seen over the Stock ZVD/ZVD2.0

Lastly would be BP at ~25 hours of light-mediocre usage and PHENOMENAL speed on games and intensive apps but everyday usage for me no speed difference seen over the Stock ZVD/ZVD2.0.

The reason I do not see any difference between the second and third options there is because I do not play many games at all and the ones that I do use run amazing on Stock/ZVD2.0 at stock frquencies. This is just my experience on MY device.

11. justainchoe

justainchoe Well-Known Member

Ok, I really don't like BS because it's just misleading information that will make other people make bad decisions.

So, there's the stock debloated rom. No overclock, no accurate battery mod (battery percentages), no AOSP lockscreen, no power menu mod (to boot into recovery), no screen shots mod, no CRT screen shut off animation, etc, etc, etc. Think of this as a base model.

In terms of performance, based on the descriptions there really aren't many difference between the other roms. It's only been 10 days and I've just stuck with Broken Out so I don't know 100% sure, but it's not like anyone has done any real scientific research, so I'm just going to stick with what's on paper.

They are all based off of mt's BrokenOut rom (that's why they all have AOSP lockscreen, center clock mod, power menu, etc). Number two is basically just a theme of BrokenOut. Plague kernel is simpler compared to of mt's Blitzkrieg kernel (has all the main stuff but missing tweaks that mt included in his). What does all of this exactly mean? If the stock rom is a 4-cylinder car, then these roms are all V6s. Black Plague has a slightly different V6, but ultimately, they both run about the same. It bothers me to hear people say one is faster than the other. They're not. It's mainly just placebo and favoritism towards devs, which everyone is entitled to, but there are some gross exaggerations.

Overall look. Look at the screenshots and see which you like most. From my experience ldrifta comes out with some pretty nice/complete/fluid themes. PlayfulGod's rom is not my personal favorite, but he's probably the biggest reason we have roms for the Esteem so I appreciate all the work he does. He's been pushing for it on other forums and working to get it here. And mtmichaelson, basically he's our guru for Esteem All Things Root. I don't understand all of the technical stuff he put into his rom, but whatever, I picked it and I'll just use it.

Trek950, ChazzMatt, dden4012 and 4 others like this.
  12. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

THAT is actually some useful info. Thanks!

If someone has an opinion, back it up with examples or information like this so we know what level of experience from which you are talking. Just a cheerleader? :rolleyes: An ignorant amateur? Or someone who's actually taken the time to evaluate differences? Doesn't have to be an "expert" but informed opinion is very useful to others. Many people don't have the TIME to load all the ROMs and experiment. So they come here looking for some guidance. You can tout a ROM or two (and state reasons), without bashing another's work. Putting the different ROMs in perspective helps newbies understand what's going on.

Another thing... developers could mention more prominently is what does NOT work. I don't want to flash a ROM and then find my camera doesn't work or texting or wi-fi or other things I take for granted. Yeah, it might be mentioned by one or two people 6 pages into a thread, but really when issues become know devs should update the first post (the announcement post) to include that information. When the issue is fixed, then update again to show the work done.

It might be something a person doesn't care about and they want to use the ROM anyway -- say, the HDMI connection if they've never used that and never intend to. But it could also be a showstopper if the person uses the HDMI connection all the time.

13. justainchoe

justainchoe Well-Known Member

On my second look at ldrifta's #2 rom, I have to say that this is my new favorite. I especially like how the effect how the time turns into the date when you interact with the status bar.

I changed the background to something colorful (I highly recommend this) and I don't like the dialer at all (I hate that bubbly/glass look, I prefer matte/flat), but I'm digging the Galaxy Spica Flip transitions, themed LauncherPro, and I like the black/grey/white theme overall.

I love color. Things that are monochromatic make me feel unbalanced, however, I made a few personal preference changes to icons to add a little bit of color and really digging it. I look forward to see ldrifta's new dialer and any other changes he decides to make. Great work ldrifta!

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews