• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Better to have loved and lost than not to love at all. NOT TRUE

That saying is sooo not true when talking about swype. Loving and losing Swype has been hard. My time expired and the beta is still closed. I tried deleting and re-installing but it doesn't work. I'm hooked and need help. Can anyone help me? I need swype back.

Truer words have never been spoken!!! When my Swype expired I was extra sick! Thanks for the post dreze88!

Upvote 0
How exactly do I do this. I've downloaded astro but can't figure out how to install it. Can someone give me some instructions, please? Sorry... newb here : \

Not sure if you can't figure out how to install Astro or Swype, so I'll do both.

Astro - Go to market, click install and that's it.

Then you can hook up your phone to the computer and mount it. Then you can create a special folder if you want, I named mines "Downloads" on your sdcard.

Go to the link that dreze88 posted and save that file to your desktop (I guess you can save it in the "download" file you created, but I like to put things on my computer, then I drop and drag).

Once the swype file is in your folder, unmount.

Then go to Astro, find your sdcard, find the folder where you put swype, tap it and it should say something like open manager, click that and then install.

Then go to settings and click where it says keyboards and something. (I don't have my phone with me right now, so I can't recall exactly). Then Swype should be one of your options, if it's not checked, check the box.

Just long press wherever you're trying to use it and click on Input method and pick Swype.

Reactions: HereForTheMoment
Upvote 0
I was stuck on how to install swype. I followed your instructions and got it to work. Thank you for your help! :cool:

No problem! I know how it feels to be lost and reading posts that summarize help when you need details.

Hotled - you should google swype and check out the demo video. I got a moment b/c of the slide keyboard b/c I hated the virtual one. But sometimes I you might not want to slide it out so . . .

Then I was in love with the HTC V keyboard b/c it reminded me of my q9c and had predictive text. Then came Swype and it swept me off my feet. No pecking each key, just sliding. It's so much faster. You have to train it a bit, but it's worth it.

Upvote 0
The distrbution of Swype except from the developers themselves is illegal.

It is against our policy here at Android Forums to allow posts, links or even mentions of how to obtain applications not intended for public use. This includes paid and free.

Android Forums is a strong supporter of the developer community as well as the legal system and we take things of this nature very seriously.

Upvote 0
Link Removed.

Thanks OfTheDamned for coming to this board and visiting - it's nice when a mod comes by once every two months.

Edit: is it okay to have curse words in your username? **stirring pot**. :p

Oh, we are here a lot more often than you think. You guys just behave most of the time so we don't really need to post that often. ;)

My name only has a curse word if you use it as one. :D

BTW, you guys might not have to wait to long for the official version.

Want Swype? (yes, you do) – Get It Tomorrow For Android Phones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones