1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Better To Take 5 MP Photos than 8 MP for Facebook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yohannie, Dec 28, 2011.

1. yohannie

yohannie Well-Known Member

So I'm not sure if this is already a common issue on other phones with 8 MP cameras, but I noticed that on my Infuse 4G, photos taken at 8 MP and uploaded directly to Facebook, the compression automatically done by Facebook causes the photo uploaded to have vertical lines running through it, which in my opinion, pretty much ruins the photo.

I changed the camera settings to 5 MP and voila! Photos uploaded to Facebook no longer have the vertical lines from the compression.

Obviously, if you don't use Facebook or store your photos on your computer, this shouldn't be a problem for you (definitely stick with the 8 MP camera setting), but if you're like me and deletes photos from your phone/computer after uploading them to Facebook, I'd highly recommend changing the camera settings to 5 MP.

If Facebook can fix this (since there seems to be more and more 8 MP's and above coming out in the future), it would be great, but for the time being, this seems to be the best work around solution.

If you don't have the line issues on when uploading 8 MP pictures to Facebook, please let me know as well. I was assuming that this isn't an isolated incident, but if it happens to be and it's only my phone doing this, I obviously need to get it fixed. However, I am pretty certain this isn't an issue with my phone since photos taken at 8 MP and moved to my PC look fine and don't have the vertical lines.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. livingproof73

livingproof73 Lurker

Strange I have never had that issue with 8 MP and Facebook.

3. maylontrd

maylontrd Lurker

Never encountered this problem either. Weird though and glad you found a workaround. We're at a funny place in technology now where it seems we're right on the cusp of some prettty awesome stuff. Technology just needs to work together more seamlessly with less work arounds.

4. andyrockstar

andyrockstar Newbie

Me either.

Samsung Infuse 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews