• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Twitter Client Coming?

Hey people. I just beached here on Android Island after bailing from the S.S. iPhone. Few regrets so far. One thing killin' me though is the Twitter situation. I appreciate the obvious time and effort behind Twidroid, especially since it's free... But does anyonre know whether a more robust, full-featured Twitter client is on the way when the paid Marketplace opens?

I'm willing to pay .. $5, $10, whatever. I just want an iPhone-like Twitter app... One with slick, rich graphics AND linked into Android's best-in-class notification system.

Somebody make my day and tell me your sister's boyfriend's cousin's roommate has something in development waiting for when the paid store opens.

Anybody?

I've never used the iPhone twitter client. What does it do that Twidroid doesn't? I like Twidroid so I'm wondering what I am missing.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing, what features are you looking for? I noticed the most recent update actually puts the text of the tweets into the notification shade instead of just a you have new tweets" message.

Seems pretty robust to me, I'm curious to know what's so vital that 1) I've never heard of it/used it and don't know it's missing from Twidroid, and 2) someone would actually pay money for an app that runs a free service?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones