1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Better Video App?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by taingbeast, Sep 28, 2011.

1. taingbeast

taingbeast Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I've got a few movies on my phone - full length ones. I like to watch them when I have downtime waiting at the airport and stuff but I rarely can watch a whole movie at a time. Is there any better player or app that will pick up where you left off after switching apps?

Example - I'm halfway through watching a movie, and I need to check email and hit home and read email. If I hold down the home button, I see the app for Files which I used to find the movie in the first place. If I navigate to the movie file and click play, it starts over at the beginning. I also downloaded the Gallery app that I had with the OG droid and the same occurs there.

I want to say that with the OG droid, I could hold down the Home button and switch between apps and not lose my place in a movie, but maybe I'm just thinking I could do that.

Any suggestions? For now everytime I need to do something else, I have to memorize how many minutes into the movie and then switch tasks.

Advertisement

2. Jerm13

Jerm13 Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    DanDroide likes this.
  3. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast
    None

4. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    ret
    San Jose, CA
  5. DanDroide

None

OK, I just started trying the MX Video Player (FREE) and I already see something I have been looking for...I can REVERSE the landscape so that I can have the Cable Charging Port ON THE TOP, instead of below. Love that!

Thanks

6. dave1812

None

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    ret
    San Jose, CA
    I hope to see Netflix make a change to their app so that I can charge the Bionic when watching NF. Someone was asleep at the wheel when they limited landscape viewing to just one direction, on NF.

7. DanDroide

None

Not to Hijack the thread, but after finding out I can flip the orientation with MX Video Player, I did some searching, and I found:

Orientation Control $1.40
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.coinsoft.android.orientcontrol&feature=search_result

Let's you lock the screen in whatever view you want. I just bought it and tested it on Slingplayer and HBO GO and it worked perfectly. I will try my Netflix next but it will work, I'm sure. Put the charging cables inputs on the top when set to "Reverse Landscape".

I think they do that on purpose (putting inputs on the bottom) to force you to buy a dock IMO.

8. DanDroide

None

Not to Hijack the thread, but after finding out I can flip the orientation with MX Video Player, I did some searching, and I found:

Orientation Control $1.40
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.coinsoft.android.orientcontrol&feature=search_result

Let's you lock the screen in whatever view you want. I just bought it and tested it on Slingplayer, HBO GO & Netflix and it worked perfectly. Put the charging cables inputs on the top when set to "Reverse Landscape".

I think they do that on purpose (putting inputs on the bottom) to force you to buy a dock IMO.

9. dave1812

None

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    ret
    San Jose, CA
    I look forward to hearing how it works with NF. thanks.

10. DanDroide

None

Works Great on NF! I was just watching Star Trek Voyager on Reverse Landscape while plugging in the power at the top of my Bionic while it lay on it's side.