• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Better visual appearance with ICS?

ArmageddonX

Android Expert
May 12, 2011
Arizona, USA
I noticed this & thought it was just me admiring my shiny new ICS update, but my Wife brought this up to me as well.

Does anyone else notice that the display looks, well, better? Text looks crisper, videos look better, and even a comic I read on my phone just seems to look better. I'm not sure if it's more crisp or the color are better.

Anyone else notice a visual improvement? Anyone know why?

Thanks,

~ ArmyX

Reactions: ked0607
Early, I'm not entirely sure what is different. My wallpapers look better, the font/text is easier to read, and all my images/comic books look better. The color in the images even seems better & the lines on characters/objects seems more defined.

You know I'm no expert and I thought it was just me, but then my Wife spoke up about it too.

~ ArmyX

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Haven't seen it (ics) yet. A brand new Evo 3D arriving tomorrow.

My Palm pre has been doing good so far. :)

I wouldn't expect ics to be already loaded on but it may be who knows?

On the other hand if official 3d ics is like the stock ics roms, not much to look at. (I'm very big on appearance lol)

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
I remember one of the previous updates made the page turning between the different tiles smoother which looked so good.

Then in the ICS update, it seems like they made the page turning EVEN SMOOTHER and seamless. Feels responsive, etc.

Yeah, and JellyBean should make it even smoother yet with 'Project Butter' (A newer device will likely be needed for JellyBean).

projectbutter.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones