• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beware of flawed apps on android !!!!!!!

Vijayhyd

Lurker
Apr 17, 2012
Guys,

I am sharing with you one of my shocking personal experience,which was totally unanticipated, on Android Apps. There are some apps which are totally commercial oritented and only worried about sales without proper features and support. Their customer support will go to the extent that in case we dont rate the prodcut best, though we have purchased the app, they are going to deactivate/not update it...everyone...please..please...please be aware of this grey market on Android Apps....

pls see the mail below in respect of "Extreme Call Blocker"

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Vijay Kumar wrote:
Cud get thru pvt inbox too...
Now, not sure - why i am not able to view any msg therein though one of my private contacts sent me msg. ..i have blocked only my pvt numbers. .....
Wat cud b the problem?

Vijay

On Apr 12, 2012 1:58 PM, "John Smith" wrote:
Dear Sir,
We have repeatedly asked you to correct your comments on the Android Market about installation, but so far we haven't seen any change. Support and respect are mutual, we support our users to solve any problem with the app, and our users support us by leave fair rating and feedback. While we have provided support whenever you asked and extended as much respect as we can, we have failed to see the same thing from you.
Here is what we are offering you:
1. Before the comment is corrected, we will not provide any more support.
2. If the comment is not corrected within a week, we'll report you as a spam user to the Market, any new purchase from you through the Android Market will be reviewed for fraud protection.
3. If the comment is not corrected within a week, we'll also cancel your app license to stop you from further updating the app.

Have a nice day.

John

On Apr 14, 2012 9:06 AM, "Vijay Kumar" wrote:
Which comment u r talking About?
And which solution u have provided to me while i am still struggling with ur app still?
I have purchased both ur apps and left in lurch.....

Send me right solutions and seek support...that is more professional......

Vijay, welcome to AF and sorry you appear to be having issues.

Could you provide us with a little more info please? As valorian has pointed out, it appears as though you're only giving us half the story. If you could expand a little, maybe giving us a little more info on what your problem is and a link to the app on the market, it would help us in understanding your issue a little better. We might even be able to help.

Upvote 0
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greythinker.punchback

Vijay_on_Apr_11 said:
I have downloaded the app and got a receipt of paymrnt to my mail id too. not able to open it. Getting a msg on the screen that this is not a truated application. What is happening? What is the customer support contact?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greythinker.punchback.droid.invisible

Vijay_on_Apr_17 said:
Mail exchanged wit the customer supprt....... Which comment u r talking About? And which solution u have provided to me while i am still struggling with ur app still? I have purchased both ur apps and left in lurch..... Send me right solutions and seek support...that is more professional......

So - you're dropping support complaints on two different products.

That's not appropriate.

It's not hard to reach them.

greythinker@gmail.com

That email link is right there in the Market / Play Store.

Posting dialogs with a developer in the review section frustrates everyone. That's not the purpose. It's not a Facebook wall - it's for you to tell others what you think of the product and your experience.

Your comments are suggesting that no one is trying to work with you - however, clearly - very clearly - from your first post, they are trying to talk to you.

There are frustrated at your abuse of the app comment/review system, and with good cause.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the issue. Fix that by removing both comments --> then work with them via email, then, if they square you away, post that you had a good experience. But if you give them the chance to make it right and they don't, then and only then give a 1-star review.

Again - it's not like a Facebook wall for you to chat with the devs - that's their issue.

Upvote 0
Good for them I'm glad to see a company standing up and saying hey keep our review section for just that a review section and not a personal attack ground. I get so sick of reading reviews and see things like the devs suck no support ok but how does the app work? No support what kind of support are they not offering? Every dev I have ever emailed an issue about I have received a response from within 72 hours. I feel that is very adequate. Have they always been able to resolve my issue no but at least I know its now a known issue and I'm satisfied with that. App reviews are not a place for one to show their butts but to give an honest assessment of the app.

Upvote 0
Guys,

I am sharing with you one of my shocking personal experience,which was totally unanticipated, on Android Apps. There are some apps which are totally commercial oritented and only worried about sales without proper features and support. Their customer support will go to the extent that in case we dont rate the prodcut best, though we have purchased the app, they are going to deactivate/not update it...everyone...please..please...please be aware of this grey market on Android Apps....

pls see the mail below in respect of "Extreme Call Blocker"

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Vijay Kumar wrote:
Cud get thru pvt inbox too...
Now, not sure - why i am not able to view any msg therein though one of my private contacts sent me msg. ..i have blocked only my pvt numbers. .....
Wat cud b the problem?

Vijay

Is that the actual email you sent to the developer? They could have thought it was some kid messing around. Maybe that's why you got the snotty and possibly sarcastic response? By the way what does "pvt" mean?

Send me right solutions and seek support...that is more professional......

Suggest you try using plain English next time and not txtspk(SMS language), it looks much more professional and mature. :)

Upvote 0
Couldn't agree more about using plain English, in order to help with your problem the developer needs to understand what you are writing.

But besides that I really don't like what the developer wrote to you. Commenting and ratings are there for a reason and it should be up to the developers to make everything right before changing your comment. Also threatening your licenses because you refused to change you comment is completely unprofessional and if this is the attitude of developers we are all in a lot of trouble. This is something that should be brought up to Google. There is no way users should be threaten like that.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Your methods and approach to openly post your dialogue with the developers is inappropriate and counterproductive, as was their response. Both are at fault to some degree. Take it back to email and start again and work through it. I'd remove the comments first for a fresh start and only post a review when you have done with the issue and all support methods.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones