1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Beware the Verizon vs 4.5.605.MB810 software upgrade!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrJim, Oct 13, 2011.

1. DrJim

DrJim Newbie
    None

Oct 16, 2010
    Earlier today, I got an update message on my Droid X. It told me a new vs of the Verizon os (?) was available and advised me to upgrade. I did and have spent the last 3 hours trying to get my phone working again!

After the "upgrade" my phone wouldn't charge and kept locking up. I pulled the battery for a few seconds, replaced it and started it up again. Same thing. I tried it again with the same results. I called Verizon tech support and was advised to pull the battery with the phone on to get a deeper reset. I couldn't remember if I had the phone on when I pulled the battery before so I did it, no change. We fooled around with some settings and pulled the battery again with the phone on.

Finally I was referred to a "Tech 2" person who after about a 20 min wait told me that they could send me a new phone. I didn't really want to do that for a phone that had worked fine before the "upgrade". When I told the techie that, she had me do a total reboot/ram wipe that set the phone back to where it was when I took it out of the box originally.

All the data on my sd card was OK and I was able to download my contacts and calendar from Google. I'm still in the process of finding and reinstalling all my apps. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to write down a list of my apps before I wiped the phone! I did back everything up with "My Backup Pro" and I downloaded a new one from the marketplace but it's having trouble accessing my sd card.

All this for an "upgrade" that supposedly has a better keyboard and has some minor changes to the desktop!

Next time I'll wait a few days and read user reactions before trusting an upgrade!

JIm

Advertisement

2. DrJim

DrJim Newbie
    None

Oct 16, 2010
    Just an update. I got "My Backup Pro" to restore my apps! I can't remember what I paid for this app but whatever I paid was worth it!

claire t likes this.