• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Beyond disappointed. Help?

Out of the box this phone's speed was remarkably quick. It maintained its speed for about two short-lived weeks, and then just essentially transformed itself into a lackluster Samsung Intercept. My Triumph can no longer maintain a signal strength of more than one bar, often taking a considerable step backwards to the 1x connection. I can no longer send video messages. Ordinary all-text text messages take about 1-2 MINUTES to send. Web pages no longer load in the blink of an eye- roughly 2-3 minutes per page, save for Google search.

Any possible solutions to my all of a sudden inferior signal strength?
Or the huge hit on my browser speed?

Side note: these problems persisted, no, worsened, even after a factory data reset was done. Went from WiFi speed to dial up. I'm finding it hard to believe the fact that I purchased a lemon of a phone because for a short while the phone was quick and gutless was not a word I'd use to describe it.

If I mess around with rooting and/or new roms for my phone, what features of my phone would I potentially lose in the process?

Upvote 0
Earlier today I stored all my downloaded apps to my primary SD card (A). I then took an unused 2GB SD card (B) and went ahead and put CM7 Reloaded on my phone. When I booted up my phone everything worked out pretty well. Loving the new look and functionality of CM7.

My only concern so far is I kind of disregarded the whole Titanium backup deal. I figured I already know which apps I want to download again once I log into my Google account. Problem is now my market app is nonexistent. What's the solution here?

Upvote 0
Earlier today I stored all my downloaded apps to my primary SD card (A). I then took an unused 2GB SD card (B) and went ahead and put CM7 Reloaded on my phone. When I booted up my phone everything worked out pretty well. Loving the new look and functionality of CM7.

My only concern so far is I kind of disregarded the whole Titanium backup deal. I figured I already know which apps I want to download again once I log into my Google account. Problem is now my market app is nonexistent. What's the solution here?

You need to flash the gapps. zip to have those Google APPS. i.e. To have the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones