1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Beyond Extremely Low 3g Speeds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Desime, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Desime

Desime New Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Im going to start off by saying that i am not an overly tech savvy person. But i have taken several measures to try and understand the problem i am having. Currently i have the Droid X2 with verizon, its not rooted and i have had it only a few days. I got this phone in hopes that it would be much faster then my previous one. I had an LG ally and it was my first smart phone. I have ran several speed tests and on some days i am getting around 8kbps down and the max i have ever gotten is 120kbps but. Once again i have looked through several forums and all my efforts have been in vain.
    I have a full bar of signal so i know thats not that issue. Hopefully somone can explain to me why the speed is so slow. i have been putting up with this snail like speed ever since i had my old Ally.

Advertisement

2. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    One thing that you can try is to update your roaming preferences by dialing *228 and selecting option 2. After that do a restart and see if makes any difference. Doing this lets your phone seek out cell towers closer to you.
    - Also, check the verizon coverage map in your area. The less red spots you see around where you are could mean that the coverage may not be that great.
    - Are you able to connect to WIFI? Do you notice significant speed differences in browsing or with other apps that require internet access?