• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Beyond rage, this phone is junk

brotherswing

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2011
In my living room.
My wife has the Intercept. I wish she didn't, as this lump of pure hatred has never been stable or reliable. Doesn't seem to matter what ROM, stock or custom, rooted, unrooted, makes no difference. Constantly freezes, or worse, reboots itself. Running stock, it freezes so much she can't even click "like" on Facebook (app, or browser). Custom ROMs are even worse, it will restart itself eight to ten times a day. What really grinds my gears is not one thing about Android performance I've learned from my Optimus V seems to apply here. Is this normal behavior for the Intercept, and if so why hasn't Samsung been hit with a class action lawsuit? Or is hers just the piece of garbage I think it is?

sounds like you got a bad unit, instead of mucking with it you should have had it replaced. I have used 2 for over a year, no lag, no stalling, no lockups
My apologies for the rage! And yes, you sir are quite correct. Her phone is two months old, and last night the wifi stopped connecting to anything and it can't read the sd card anymore. We're already planning on replacing it when the dust from Christmas settles. Thank you for your input, I feel better knowing that ours is not a typical experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones