• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bezel Peeled Off

I noticed this morning that the metal bezel on the left side of the EVO V was peeling off slightly. I decided to super glue it on and now its solid. I put a case over it usually so nobody can see the super glue there.

Has anyone here noticed anything similar going on on their EVO V? :(

I didn't drop it, nor is my screen cracked.

My metal bezel is a little bent and mis-shaped in one corner.(from dropping it.) I was looking at youtube screen replacement videos.. To try to figure out what kind of part this is. I just found a trusted old ebay part.

The price is only $18.. I might buy a new one eventually. I am wondering how hard it is to replace. Whenever dealing with adhesives.. It can be tricky. I could probably do it fine. I might have to if I ever need to have a warrenty replacement.

The case solution is good.. But I have an extended battery and larger back cover. I don't know of a case that fits my huge phone.

Upvote 0
My metal bezel is a little bent and mis-shaped in one corner.(from dropping it.) I was looking at youtube screen replacement videos.. To try to figure out what kind of part this is. I just found a trusted old ebay part.

The price is only $18.. I might buy a new one eventually. I am wondering how hard it is to replace. Whenever dealing with adhesives.. It can be tricky. I could probably do it fine. I might have to if I ever need to have a warrenty replacement.

The case solution is good.. But I have an extended battery and larger back cover. I don't know of a case that fits my huge phone.

The digitizer you have to remove the actual LCD. Very easy to damage the screen if your j just a little rough. Even though that's not the digitizer you still have to swap LCD. Good luck..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Mine is peeling off on the left and bottom pretty significantly too. I've had it since June 2012. I tried some Loc Tite super glue but it didn't seem to take (maybe I didn't apply pressure long enough) so I'm going to try the Super Glue brand. I've had my mind on getting another phone anyway too, though...

When do you think the price on the S3 will drop?

I like GSM Unlocked with a Nexus but both AT&T and T-Mobile (especially) have bad coverage around here.

Also, I am thinking of waiting until they release a Note 2.

Upvote 0
When do you think the price on the S3 will drop?

I like GSM Unlocked with a Nexus but both AT&T and T-Mobile (especially) have bad coverage around here.

I'm really not sure but everyone says the EVO 3D went on sale within 2 months and it was on sale for the Christmas season.
I have the same problem, where I work at the only carrier that gets signal is anything on the sprint network. So I'm stuck with VM for now.

EDIT Amazon has the S3 for $317 right now!

Can someone please post a picture of this? I've never seen this issue before, thanks. :D
OB
I would have, but I got mine fixed. Gorilla Super Glue worked well :)

Reactions: dmicohen
Upvote 0
I was trying to clean some dirt out from under the bezel and ended up bending it. There was no way to get it back down so I had to tear the whole thing off. I have a case over it for now but I honestly like a naked phone. I've pretty much decided to go to Metro PCS and grab a Galaxy S4 (I have better T-Mobile coverage than sprint and I'll have Wifi calling LTE AND HSPA+) but I am considering fixing the Evo so I can get some value selling it. I'm having a touch screen issue also so I may have to replace the digitizer as well once I rule out that it's not the rom.

Upvote 0
I was trying to clean some dirt out from under the bezel and ended up bending it. There was no way to get it back down so I had to tear the whole thing off. I have a case over it for now but I honestly like a naked phone. I've pretty much decided to go to Metro PCS and grab a Galaxy S4 (I have better T-Mobile coverage than sprint and I'll have Wifi calling LTE AND HSPA+) but I am considering fixing the Evo so I can get some value selling it. I'm having a touch screen issue also so I may have to replace the digitizer as well once I rule out that it's not the rom.

It will cost more to fix than it sells for :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Well, my bezel has come more loose, all the way up the left side. I just ordered a replacement for $7.50 from China. I'm switching to a tracfone( lg 840g) until Christmas or when the next nexus comes out.

I'll try to replace my speaker and bezel. I will keep this thread updated on how it goes.

It looks pretty easy to replace.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones