• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Big big news!!!

Jus10

Dec 30, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Source

The best calling feature offered by Sprint, (unl mobile to any mobile calling), comes to AT&T and is combined with rollover minutes as well!

How does this relate to Android? Well if you use an Android powered device on AT&T you can lower your plan to the 700 minute family, or 900 minute individual plan, and save your @$$ some money (as long as the majority of your calls are to cells anyway!)

Go ahead and dial up those digits--no matter which wireless network you

Niceeeee...so if I have five lines how could that apply to me?

5 lines on a 700 minute plan = $99.96 (before data and texts and whatnot)

Calls to any cellphone on any network in America is unlimited.
Calls to any landline or business on nights and weekends are unlimited.
From 5:59am to 8:59, if you're not calling a cellphone, you're using 700 minutes and keeping what you don't use.

Previous plans didn't give you M2AM, so people with 5 lines would make sure everyone had minutes and would get 1400 minute plans (119.96), 2100 minutes (139.96), or unlimited minutes (269.96.)

Most people use cellphones now, so dropping your minutes down saves you a lot of money, and you won't have a fear of going over your minutes.

If you get a 1400 minute plan which comes with A-List (10 frequently called numbers unlimited), this can still be used for the landlines you call the most. So techincally, the 1400 minute plan would be the perfect plan EVER, the 700 minute plan is perfect if you're not calling landlines.

Upvote 0
and where are you seeing the plan offers? i dont see them anywhere?

Internal info. Courtesy of being employed with AT&T. The press release was announced earlier today. When we got the comminucation we had a link to one of our sights that would allow us to give our customers who saw or read about the announcement the info. After a re-read, single plans start you off at the 450 minutes, not the 900 minutes. Family plans start at the 700 minutes.

Upvote 0
i have the 2100 minutes now with five lines i think that one is 85 dollars plus the lines? whats the difference price wise? around how much if you dont mind telling me. and the new plan is it 50 dollars plus 10 each line? or like whats the breakdown thanks man the reason im so interestd is because today i called to cancel all my lines i cant keep paying 250+ dollars every month. thank you

Upvote 0
thank you man but for 700 minutes with five lines how much will it be? like with out the data and messaging? and how about for 3 lines? i plan on cutting my lines down to 3. Thank you!

$69.99 for first two lines
$9.99 for each line thereafter
So three lines would be $79.98, five lines would be $99.96.
Unl text for the family plan is $30 and covers every line on the plan with SMS and MMS.
Data on feature phone is additional $10.
Smartphone data is $25 for 4GB, (you won't go over unless you stream music or video's)

So if you have 5 lines, unlimited text, one Android phone with no data on other phones, you're totalling $154/mo. Or if you keep in 3 lines instead it would be $129/mo.

Same package on Verizon (with no M2aM calling or rollover) is $159/mo for 5 lines, $139/mo for 3 lines.

Upvote 0
i have the 2100 minutes now with five lines i think that one is 85 dollars plus the lines? whats the difference price wise? around how much if you dont mind telling me. and the new plan is it 50 dollars plus 10 each line? or like whats the breakdown thanks man the reason im so interestd is because today i called to cancel all my lines i cant keep paying 250+ dollars every month. thank you

2100 minutes begins at 109.99 for two lines. $30 more for 3 more lines, plus data and texts you're looking at starting (with one smartphone) around approx $194.

Same plan dropped down to the 700 minutes is $154. But remember, each smartphone is an extra $25, and data for a feature phone is $10. But either the difference is $50.

Upvote 0
Just switched mine today. You have to go to your features, but it's there.
eIeL3.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey ATT employees. What is the difference between the 2GB date plan for $25 a month, and the 2GB HSPA+/4G data plan for $25 a month?

From what I can tell is the HSPA+/ 4G charges $15 for ever 200mb over, and the older plan charges $10 for every 1GB over.

looks to me like the olderplan would be better. Is the new plan require for Inspire,Infuse, or Atrix?

Upvote 0
If you get a 1400 minute plan which comes with A-List (10 frequently called numbers unlimited), this can still be used for the landlines you call the most. So techincally, the 1400 minute plan would be the perfect plan EVER, the 700 minute plan is perfect if you're not calling landlines.
just keep in mind that if you drop down to the 700 minute plan, you will lose the A-List feature entirely and you will forfeit all of the accumulated roll over minutes above 700.

Upvote 0
just keep in mind that if you drop down to the 700 minute plan, you will lose the A-List feature entirely and you will forfeit all of the accumulated roll over minutes above 700.
I wish I could drop down to 200 minutes, everytime you switch plans, you do loose your rollover. I had about 6000 minutes a few years ago, then switched plans and lost them now I only have about 2500, which I will never use, but unfortunately, the lowest Family Plan is 550.

I wish I could donate my minutes to charity or use them in some way, rollover data would be more useful, just in case you have that bad day. After 3 months I would have 530mb rolled over now :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones