1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Big Contact Problem - Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mortgage_It, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Mortgage_It

Mortgage_It Well-Known Member

My Eris pulled all my Google contacts in - Not just the "My Contacts" in google. How do I fix this? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. superchaos

superchaos Android Enthusiast

Now that they are in, you will have to delete them. To stop the auto sync, go to Settings>Data Synchronization>Google and uncheck the Contacts application. Let me know if this works for you. I have added numbers to my Eris without them being added to my gmail contacts.

3. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

Open up People. Then click on the Groups icon, then Menu -> Sync groups. Uncheck "Sync all contacts", but keep "My Contacts" if you still want your phone numbers synced with Gmail.

4. MJL

MJL Android Enthusiast

Thanks! I was also trying to figure this out when I came across this thread!

5. Mortgage_It

Mortgage_It Well-Known Member

Wonderful - you are correct here!
    Thank you.

6. rb3350

rb3350 Lurker

I don't have the Eris, "yet" but soon. Geting ready, I imported all my Apple Address Book contacts with "A to G" in Gmail contacts. Still haven't figured out how to sync Address Book with Google, but I sure want to have the Eris see my contacts. What I did not understand is if I get my gmail email on the phone is it adding info into my contacts from the emails? Also what is the syncing function in the Eris do that some are turning "off" or "on"?

BTW all my addresses from the Mac after the import are in alphabetical order by last name. SO no problems there that I have seen other have. Don't know why.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews