• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Big Difference in Data Speeds

it means nothing, just ignore it. Well I guess it means something, but it's normal at least with the MT.

I think it means it is supposed to be readonly(no editing), but it gets overwritten anyway since you still get you r new prl.

So is there any way to check the prl version currently on the phone to make sure that it loaded correctly?

Upvote 0
yea,must b my eyes. and wats the newest prl? im in nyc.

I think 60681. I've tried it but I had much better speeds using 60677. I think people get different results based on where they live. 60677 is a Sprint PRL and the stock 61007 is the Virgin Mobile PRL, I think the only difference may be priority. I would just try all of them and see which one works best in your area.

Upvote 0
has anybody else been getting roaming on startup. here is a picture so you can check it out
3223ddb2-37c4-ff02.jpg

Upvote 0
I added that line of code to my build.prop and noticed no change.

Before adding the code I ran speed test 10 times in the exact location ( didnt move my phone, kept it right on the same spot of my desk) and took an average of my 3g speeds.

Then I added the code, rebooted my phone, and ran the test 10 more times and averaged that.

Noticed no difference at all, if anything my 3g speed were actually slower.
Going to run more tests.

Upvote 0
some prl can seem good within the first few runs on speed test, and then drop drastically.. like i had this prl that shot to 2.5mb to .30mb within a few test runs.. as of right now. im using prl 61007 with cm9 on the MT, (fast data & and a long lasting battery...for me anyway) and im in Dallas, TX. prl 61007 gives me 1.5mb. to 2.5mb constantly. in my area.

Upvote 0
After running multiple tests, I can say that adding that line of code to the build.prop file does NOT increase 3g speeds.

I ran 4 tests, 2 tests without the code, and 2 tests with the code.
In each test I ran speedtest 10 times and took an average of my 3g speed.
Test 1&2 were done in the morning, and test 3&4 were done at night.

My results yielded basically no change in 3g speeds. In fact the speeds were slightly slower with that code in.

Upvote 0
HERE IS A QUICK STEP BY STEP IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH ALL THE STUFF ON THE OTHER FORUM:

REQUIRED TOOLS/SOFTWARE:

Motorola Triumph USB cable- Others may work but this cable was designed for use with the phone, use it if possible.
Stock Phone Driver- Found on the phone when connected via USB. This driver should be installed before attempting any modifications.
QPST 2.7 Build 366- This is what I use, other versions may work as well.
Sprint PRL 01115- This is the latest version of the Sprint PRL and includes the most recently added towers. Using another carriers PRL might eventually allow the Triumph to be used on another carrier if you can get the ESN added to that carriers database, but that's another issue that I'll leave for someone else to test down the road. Just use the Sprint PRL.
MotoConnect- Not technically required but makes the detection process easier due to notification windows.
NOTE: Phone does not need to be rooted to complete this guide.

HOW TO SWAP YOUR PRL:

First things first, make sure you have the required software and drivers installed and that they appear to be working correctly.

Now its time to get your MSL. Thanks goes to mmarz over at XDA for originally discovering this method.

1. Log into your Virgin Mobile account.
2. Click this link.
3. Although you get a 404 error page, search the page for "msl:"
4. The six numbers after msl: are your MSL code. Write them down.

Now that you have your MSL I suggest you put it into a notepad document and save it.

The next step is to identify what COM ports your particular computer uses to connect with the Triumph. Open your device manager on your computer and expand the

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones