• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Big Mobile News" coming 8/22

Besides, with all the hoopla about this announcement, I just ran across this about T-Mobile.

T-Mobile USA to offer unlimited data service option | Reuters

A new truly unlimited plan with no caps on speed. If I can find a decent dual core processor phone I can use on their network, I'm jumping. I really like this phone, but network coverage in my area for Sprint leaves something to the imagination.

Upvote 0
I can't see VM getting the S3, if for the simple reason that VM is not going to get an LTE phone. So my guess would be the S2, since it is a Wimax device.

I just hope it's something good- VM needs to step it up, especially with other prepaids getting flagship Android phones like the S3. I know they still have some of the cheapest plans, but cheap plans will only get you so far if you are only offering outdated/subpar hardware.

Upvote 0
Sprint has been improving here in Vegas. I'm gonna wait til after they roll out Network Vision before I make the jump.

That's great for a city like Vegas. But my city has a little over just 11,000 people, and the nearest bigger city is South Bend, IN which is 45 minutes away. I'm not counting on the Sprint network to improve anytime soon around here, which is why I'm looking at switching carriers.

Upvote 0
Besides, with all the hoopla about this announcement, I just ran across this about T-Mobile.

A new truly unlimited plan with no caps on speed. If I can find a decent dual core processor phone I can use on their network, I'm jumping. I really like this phone, but network coverage in my area for Sprint leaves something to the imagination.

The best phone, for the money, for T-Mobile prepaid is the Galaxy Nexus. It is dual core (1.2 Ghz) but, better yet, gets the latest Android updates direct from Google and has no carrier bloatware.

Upvote 0
The best phone, for the money, for T-Mobile prepaid is the Galaxy Nexus. It is dual core (1.2 Ghz) but, better yet, gets the latest Android updates direct from Google and has no carrier bloatware.

I've thought myself of jumping to T-mobile with the GNex, just have to get over the initial $350 investment. Besides prepaid, you could also do their $50 a month contract plan with 500 anytime minutes and (I think) 2G of full speed data if you wanted roaming. You just get the SIM instead of a phone.

Upvote 0

That's what I'm thinking of doing. My friend let me have his optimus T to play around with for a month to decide if I want to split from virgin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones