1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support BIG problem for my "incredible" phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by colbyroland13, Aug 27, 2011.

1. colbyroland13

colbyroland13 Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    I upgraded my phone back in October of 2010. Phone worked fine up until about 3 months ago until now! Constant rebooting and randomly turning off while using internet, android market, etc.. so I called Verizon a week ago and told them my problems and they told me to "wait and see" for the 2.3 software update? Supposedly it will fix any force closing issues and so on? I'm highly ticked off at this point after reading these forums that are saying no update is coming for the Droid incredible1..so my question is what are my options? Phone is dysfunctional...can I get the dinc2 by complaining or any other phone for that matter?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    The update is coming (WHEN? is the question), but most likely not fix anything.

Have you tried a factory reset? Changing batteries? New sd card?

3. colbyroland13

colbyroland13 Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    I bought the Seidio 3500 extended battery because the stock doesn't last no longer than 5 hours and I'm only a medium to regular user of internet, Facebook, etc..I performed a factory reset twice in the last two weeks and it still keeps rebooting on its own while using the internet and watching YouTube videos. After hearing about the success of rooting your phone, I'm very curious as to doing that myself..if and when I figure out how to? Any suggestions?

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    If you are planning on rooting; carefully read through the root section, starting with the root stickies at the top of that forum.... then read them again. Then take a look at the recent threads in that section as we have a few other recent "rooters" who have ran into the common problems.

colbyroland13 likes this.