• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Big problem! No 3g!!! went from FL04 back to CM10. ughhh

OK so I did the one click for fl04 and absolutely hated how it looked. Looked like ICS or something. Anyway... this is exactly what I did.

I didn't copy my SD card to my ext. SD card like I probably should have. Instead I copied my internal SD card to my PC. So then I did the Restore version for fl04. Saw it and played with it for a minute, missed my cm 10 bad. So then I tried to do a factory reset to the original ROM that the phone comes in the box with, but I couldn't get it to download right. It had a md5.7z ending I think it was. Wouldn't work with Odin. Then I tried taking the 7z part off so it ended in md5 and it still didn't work. Gave up on it. That's when I moved all my clockworkmod files over to my ext SD card from my PC so that I could do a restore once I got cwm back.

I still had the agat 054 from when I originally rooted my phone on my computer so I flashed it in Odin onto the fl04 ROM. As soon as I booted the phone from download mode back to recovery mode I flashed the proper cwm recovery for cm10. I probably should've done a wipe in what before I flashed cwm, but I forgot to. :). I think it may be my problem? Anyway... so once I was in cwm I did a wipe of data, cache, and dalvik. Then I first tried a restore with my cwm backups I moved to my SD card from my PC and it seemed to have worked fine except no 3g. So I transferred the rest of my old internal SD files from my PC back to the int SD card again and still no 3g.

So I went back to cwm and wiped everything again. Then I loaded cm10 with the same exact files I used originally to do it. Cm10, g apps, then boostmmsfix. Booted and still no 3g. What the hell have I done??? I don't see how doing it this way with my original files and not my restore files didn't work exactly lime it did for me in the past when I originally flashed everything for cm10. I'm stuck here til I figure this out. Gotta have my phone working right. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Only the jb tw modems will work on the jb stock tw roms. . But the tw jb modems dont work with the aosp or aokp roms like cm10. Just flash the modem before using odin to go to the jb tw rom. .

Or if you had WiFi you couldve have used it to download Mobile odin while on the fl stock then used it to flash the modem and got same result. So you have options. .

Reactions: greg schmeg
Upvote 0
Cm10 battery life isnt very good compared to fl04 IMO. But man the keyboard sucks on fl04.

Codegerm: can I get a launcher to make it look like cm10? Do u run a different launcher than what comes standard with FL04?

You can use ADW launcher or ADW EX or others like it. you can theme them to look how ever you like. (lots of downloadable themes available). If you don't like the samsung keyboard or the swipe keyboard, check out some of the others available on the play store too.

I am using the stock launcher right now, but have used adw and go launcher ex in the past. At one point I had mine looking like windows7 just to show a friend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones