• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

big problem with internet connection

Well there is a long list of problems I have with Android.
Besides this I also have other issues.
I'm going to try to tackle them one at a time, okay? :)
Like in Windows you can turn OFF auto update.
In Android you can't.
Nope. That's simply not true. I have all my Android devices set not to auto-update anything. I get notified when there's an update for something, say a bunch of apps; I look through the list and decide for myself what/whether to update.
I am forced to having slowdowns when using the internet to downloads updates of Google apps I DON't even use.
See, that is not an Android problem--it's a user problem. You're blaming the OS for something you've caused. Here's how to fix it:

- Open the Play Store app.
- Press the menu button (3 bars, top left corner).
- Select Settings.

Screenshot_20190924-113031.png

Do you see what to do next to solve this 'Android problem' that you've been 'forced' to live with? ;)

Reactions: Davdi
Upvote 0
I can't open up my playstore app because when I do it just forces me to download a huge update.
Then I have to accept it and when I do it never gets the update done.
It either crashes in the middle of downloading or it looses the internet connection while downloading due to this problem I have so it never gets done

Upvote 0
forces me to download a huge update
I remember you mentioning, I think, 1+ GB for the Play Store download, right? That makes no sense!

Screenshot_20190930-114131.png

As you can see, its actual size is a tiny fraction of that, just ≈68MB. So something else is going on.

Can you please post a screenshot of that message? Maybe we can sort things out with it.

Upvote 0
Ok this thread got derailed and I kind of fixed my problem I got a computer and installed Linux Mint on it and it works fine.
As for the phone a hacker kid took it to his home and hooked it up to his computer and updated the WHOLE OPERATING SYSTEM.
He changed everything but the internet problem still persists.
This kid who knew a lot about Android said that I could get a terminal app like Linux Mint got and work with the configuration.
So I did that but I am not familiar with Linux Commands.
I can work with Linux mint but don't ask me about the terminal.
So there is where I need you guys to help me.
I need to know the command that turns auto search off to see if it could solve things.
If someone can help me with that it would be good.
I want it to work like Linux Mint does.
On Linux mint it searches and the network appears but it doesn't connect until I CLICK ON IT.
Then it just stays connected to the Network and doesn't change for anything!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones