1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Big problem with my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blng, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Blng

Blng Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Hello all. I got my Galaxy S2 a few weeks ago but just decieded to root it a few days ago. After rooting it and flashing a few different ROMs to it I ran into a problem.

I'm not sure when, but after flashing a certain firmware (unsure of which) to my device the screen seemed to be not functioning properly. It looks like it is running in 256 colour mode or is having some contrast issues. Using the camera or viewing the camera is the most noticeable and it is basically unuseable at the minute.

I have tried to reflash and unroot the phone but nothing seems to be fixing this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have tried for the last two nights to fix this to no avail.

Thanks

(Phone was purchased sim-free if that matters)

Advertisement

2. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Pilot
    Calgary, AB
    Have you tried a factory reset on the phone? Flashing with new roms and kernels does not reset many config settings.

3. Kie

Kie Android Expert
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Risk and Safety Engineer
    Perth, Australia
    Did you try reflashing your stock firmware? Hopefully you recorded what your original firmware was and downloaded a copy of it before you started (like the guide says).

4. Blng

Blng Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    The tutorial I used did not say to do this. I did remember the firmware though and have tried that along with many other stock firmwares from other networks etc and no luck so far :(

Yeah done that every time I have flashed it.

5. mrao

mrao Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    Perhaps you did not perform a full wipe ( data, cache partition, dalvik) before flashing...anyway...nothing like an Odin flash back to stock to fix these kinda issues :)

6. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    If you have tried all the usual stuff (factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, clear data in CWM) then it may be worth considering giving your device a factory format. This will wipe EVERYTHING including contacts, messages, sd card data, the whole shebbang, but at least your phone will be in a truely out-of-factory state and gives you a blank sheet to work off (you would have to root again etc etc....). I would remove your external sd card just in case.

Factory Format: dial *2767*3855# ONLY USE AS LAST RESORT. AS SOON AS YOU PRESS THE "#" KEY, THERE'S NO GOING BACK!!!!!

7. Blng

Blng Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Tried that there as I had already lost all that data. Didn't work either. I really got my hopes up with that :( After doing that I noticed Clockwork Recovery was still on the phone :S